Work For Amazon? Get Ready To Hear From The Teamsters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Donnell Jefferson has become used to seeing Amazon’s blue delivery vans zip through his Memphis neighborhood, often dropping packages at his neighbors’ doorsteps multiple times a day. In the last few months, he has started striking up conversations with drivers as they whisk boxes to the front stoop. His mission? To find out how much they like the job — and plant the seeds of someday making it a union job.

In one recent conversation, a driver told him he had been getting a raise every few weeks — 15 cents here, 35 cents there, bringing his total hourly wage to $17.35 after two years on the job. Jefferson told him UPS drivers make twice as much. “He dropped his head and shook it. He didn’t realize it,” says Jefferson, 59, a forklift operator who used to work for UPS and has been part of the Teamsters union for 15 years.

This type of local outreach is beginning to unfold across the nation as part of a push by the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters, one of the biggest and most powerful unions in the nation, to unionize Amazon after it voted overwhelmingly to go after the e-commerce giant in a resolution this summer.

Donnell Jefferson has become used to seeing Amazon’s blue delivery vans zip through his Memphis neighborhood, often dropping packages at his neighbors’ doorsteps multiple times a day. In the last few months, he has started striking up conversations with drivers as they whisk boxes to the front stoop. His mission? To find out how much they like the job — and plant the seeds of someday making it a union job.

In one recent conversation, a driver told him he had been getting a raise every few weeks — 15 cents here, 35 cents there, bringing his total hourly wage to $17.35 after two years on the job. Jefferson told him UPS drivers make twice as much. “He dropped his head and shook it. He didn’t realize it,” says Jefferson, 59, a forklift operator who used to work for UPS and has been part of the Teamsters union for 15 years.

This type of local outreach is beginning to unfold across the nation as part of a push by the International Brotherhood of the Teamsters, one of the biggest and most powerful unions in the nation, to unionize Amazon after it voted overwhelmingly to go after the e-commerce giant in a resolution this summer.
nope bro AMAZON delivery drivers minimum is 20$ per hour. Amazon's new plan is if you've been there for 1 yrs you get a dollar raise raise for each year. Of course you have to be a amazon employee delivery driver not a driver hired thru a hiring separate independent contractor agency that has contracts with amazon. These agencies take a big slice out of your paycheck if you get hired to deliver amazon packages thru them, its not a good idea to work for them.
New cons with amazon delivery drivers vs fed ex or UPS is that you don't have to do heavy lifting of big boxes because white box trucks do delivering of extremely heavy objects like desks, furniture, stoves, big screens. The max box size you get is a 3ftby3ft box weight less than 100 pounds doing amazon delivery in the blue vans but with fedex and UPS you have to do delivery of really heavy boxes.
amazon used to make its delivery drivers deliver big boxes but with eager avoidance to lawsuits, they have hired private big box trucks to deliver the big boxes. The boxes that come into the delivery station are small to medium size but every other heavy box is given to big box truck drivers in the sortation center and it never goes to the delivery station where the blue van drivers pick there orders.

Donnell Jefferson is most likely trying to extort money of employees using unions that never benefit the employee. Its more like Jefferson is trying to tax employees using the term union. From personal experience of being hired as in Giant food distribution run by a union I was charged 140 dollars out of my check the first day I and only day worked there. With poor horrible working conditions giant distribution union wasn't helping out any employee. You could get fired for low production and they could invade your privacy like sorting thru your car or firing you on the spot for any reason.
As soon as I got to giant they made me sign a paper telling me I was paying the union which whose member or leaders I never met but I quit the following day after feeling very uncomfortable about them saying they could search thru my car whenever they wanted to.
They pay rate is 15.00$ now and I believe it was 13 back than. You had to drive a forklift thru an 8 hour shift with a minimum of 500 cases per hour. You had to drive a forklift around the warehouse to stop and pick up big cases of food. I believe your goal was to get 500 - 700 cases per hour. istockphoto-1067358004-170667a.jpgfood-warehouse-distribution-sacks-bags-37219225.jpg
this is the size of the cases/boxes you had to pick. Just to make sure they didn't hire an old lady that could break her back you had to pass a physical.
cfp-ocs-delivery2018-stacks.jpg

Last edited:
Donnell Jefferson is most likely trying to extort money of employees using unions that never benefit the employee. Its more like Jefferson is trying to tax employees using the term union. From personal experience of being hired as in Giant food distribution run by a union I was charged 140 dollars out of my check the first day I and only day worked there. With poor horrible working conditions giant distribution union wasn't helping out any employee. You could get fired for low production and they could invade your privacy like sorting thru your car or firing you on the spot for any reason.
As soon as I got to giant they made me sign a paper telling me I was paying the union which whose member or leaders I never met but I quit the following day after feeling very uncomfortable about them saying they could search thru my car whenever they wanted to.
They pay rate is 15.00$ now and I believe it was 13 back than. You had to drive a forklift thru an 8 hour shift with a minimum of 500 cases per hour.
Cheryl has unfortunately passed away.

THE STAFF MEMBER I BELIEVE SHE/HE IS STILL ALIVE BECAUSE SOME UPS MANAGER DECIDED TO POST ON HER THREAD A COMPLAINT THAT HE WAS UPSET THAT SHE WAS POSTING DIRT ON UPS. I'm glad I found this website because it did help me make my choice not to join UPS.