WORK VIOLENCE

W

What The Hawk?

My supervisor cursed at me, and threw a Walkie Talkie radio at me and it hit my arm full force. When it hit me : I told him "I was outa here and leaving" he threatened to fire me, several times and said that the big boss would back him up. My arm was bruised and I had to get xrays, and am currently going to start physical therapy on my arm due to tingling and numbing in my fingers because of this injury.
He is still working there and there were witnesses at the time. But I dont know if they spoke truth or lies. I have not been given any other option to work....I havent been acommodated in any other department. I was told that by an HR rep that she was not going to remove that supervisor because the area that he works in was too crucial and of high importance to UPS and she told me that im the one that refuses to enter the office with the supervisor there and that I dont have to talk to him. They are not taking this seriously. This supervisor hurt me, cursed me out and they are not taking this serious. Peak season and numbers and dollar signs are clearly more important than an employee's safety so I ask myself why do they make us take so many certifications on safety to comply with company rules if they don't give a rat's a## about abuse in the workplace?!!!! I
That's called assault, bud. I don't know if you're joking or not but why in the world did you not press charges?

A

Article 3

Your governing OSHA Office has a workplace violence department as well.

File your grievance, you've got a police report so file charges, call the 800 number and Report the assault, maybe the local newspaper would like to do a story, send a copy of the police report to Corporate Offices of UPS in Atlanta Georgia attention HR / violence in the workplace report... They'll like seeing that on the front of the envelope.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It will help keep you warm at night but be careful with the candle while dripping hot wax on me.
Umm that's not what I was going to use that candle stick for...

I'd like to warn our members on accepting Hanukkah invitations from @Indecisi0n !!! LOL

giphy.gif