WORK VIOLENCE

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trust me this is not a BS story, it's easy to say get an attorney but have you actually tried to call One have you actually tried to find out how sewed up the laws are to the fence employers not employees or did you really think that we had rights. Something that should have been an open-and-shut investigation by human resources has not been I did call the police I did have to go to emergency room and that supervisor is still working in his position all because of money and numbers for the company and because they pull the Witnesses in a room and coalhurst them into signing with them.

I for one hate being coalhurst in to signing anything.

A

Article 3

Trust me this is not a BS story, it's easy to say get an attorney but have you actually tried to call One have you actually tried to find out how sewed up the laws are to the fence employers not employees or did you really think that we had rights. Something that should have been an open-and-shut investigation by human resources has not been I did call the police I did have to go to emergency room and that supervisor is still working in his position all because of money and numbers for the company and because they pull the Witnesses in a room and coalhurst them into signing with them.
Google UPS Lawsuit Lexington KY and see who the workers lawyers were in that case.
They won a chunk of change for those drivers.
It wasn't just about racism. The company was found guilty for harassing the drivers with extra ojs rides after they complained about the racism.
And guess what?
Those management folks got MOVED not terminated as well.

There was a report that a steward in local 100 got a restraining order on a company supe when he was physically threatened by the guy. They MOVED the management person. They didn't fire him.

Hold them accountable if your story is true. Fight the fight. You're not alone.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's hearse or hearsay.

Had a Hurst 442. Wish I still had it.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-22-33-06-1.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My supervisor cursed at me, and threw a Walkie Talkie radio at me and it hit my arm full force. When it hit me : I told him "I was outa here and leaving" he threatened to fire me, several times and said that the big boss would back him up. My arm was bruised and I had to get xrays, and am currently going to start physical therapy on my arm due to tingling and numbing in my fingers because of this injury.
He is still working there and there were witnesses at the time. But I dont know if they spoke truth or lies. I have not been given any other option to work....I havent been acommodated in any other department. I was told that by an HR rep that she was not going to remove that supervisor because the area that he works in was too crucial and of high importance to UPS and she told me that im the one that refuses to enter the office with the supervisor there and that I dont have to talk to him. They are not taking this seriously. This supervisor hurt me, cursed me out and they are not taking this serious. Peak season and numbers and dollar signs are clearly more important than an employee's safety so I ask myself why do they make us take so many certifications on safety to comply with company rules if they don't give a rat's a## about abuse in the workplace?!!!! I

the beatings will continue until morale improves.

( I feel your pain )

watdaflock?

My supervisor cursed at me, and threw a Walkie Talkie radio at me and it hit my arm full force. ...and am currently going to start physical therapy on my arm due to tingling and numbing in my fingers because of this injury.
He is still working there and there were witnesses at the time.

First thing you do is call a lawyer. Second thing you do is make sure you can pass a drug test. Third, enjoy your early retirement.

jalnar

My supervisor cursed at me, and threw a Walkie Talkie radio at me and it hit my arm full force. When it hit me : I told him "I was outa here and leaving" he threatened to fire me, several times and said that the big boss would back him up. My arm was bruised and I had to get xrays, and am currently going to start physical therapy on my arm due to tingling and numbing in my fingers because of this injury.
He is still working there and there were witnesses at the time. But I dont know if they spoke truth or lies. I have not been given any other option to work....I havent been acommodated in any other department. I was told that by an HR rep that she was not going to remove that supervisor because the area that he works in was too crucial and of high importance to UPS and she told me that im the one that refuses to enter the office with the supervisor there and that I dont have to talk to him. They are not taking this seriously. This supervisor hurt me, cursed me out and they are not taking this serious. Peak season and numbers and dollar signs are clearly more important than an employee's safety so I ask myself why do they make us take so many certifications on safety to comply with company rules if they don't give a rat's a## about abuse in the workplace?!!!! I
In hind sight,most senerios that happen at work,are ask yourself are you kidding me. Have a plan if that happens or this happens this is what I will do. No different then events in your life are planned with a re action. You should have fallen to the floor,and stayed there until an ambulance came to take you to the hospital and called the police(kinda like domestic violance,but at workplace),and then get a restraining order and a GOOD LEGAL TEAM.

Nerve damage is no joke. I got hit by some drunk kids a few years ago. Despite near-daily physical exercise, rest, wrist brace etc, nothing got better and it's almost 8 years later. Sometimes when it's cold my hands shake. I don't have fine dexterity in my left hand. My right has finally regained some strength. There's always some numbness or tingling. Cant use a keyboard anymore. If you decide to sue for damages, give it a few years, and go to occupational therapy and physical therapy and do everything they say and determine your own level of happiness vs your level of restrictions and quality of life. Guy at work just had a tooth removed and they hit the wrong nerve and the left side of his face is all messed up. He can't even talk. Don't let a bad employee tossing a walkie leave you with a life of regret and pain and permanency.