Worker in Ohio Background Check

eek88dj

I find it implausible. There's got to be more to it than the OP is letting on. When I was 18, I got arrested for theft. My friend and I stole $11 worth of gas from a convenience store and drove off.

Since that time, I have passed, and been hired, by three different state and city law enforcement agencies and passed two Federal background checks of which, one was DEA and the other was Border Patrol, when it was was under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice.

There is no way FedX is more stringent than the Federal Government or state and local law enforcement agencies when it comes to the hiring standards of people with a criminal record.

I'm telling the truth 26 years ago no jail time had probation 6 months petty theft misdemeanor 1...my record is good just I was young and dumb I'm 50 now. I can believe I dont get it. I read FedEx hires felons also...what I did wasnt nothing like that.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm telling the truth 26 years ago no jail time had probation 6 months petty theft misdemeanor 1...my record is good just I was young and dumb I'm 50 now. I can believe I dont get it. I read FedEx hires felons also...what I did wasnt nothing like that.
You and the rest of us might be reading way too much into this. First, you don't really know that you are disqualified just that you could be. Second, if you are DQ'd it could be because of something else like bad credit, license suspension, driving history, unfavorable employment history, or something else that came up.

Really no one here knows your unique situation and it would be best if you just asked the hiring authority where you applied.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Have you noticed @UpstateNYUPSer won't respond to anyone if they try to carry on a conversation with him.. All he does is give out his crappy advise and then run and hide like the maggot he is.
Yeah, I see he blew off Operational Needs. Personally, any conversation with him is a waste of time. And who cares about his family?

What is it now, his 5th triumphant return to The Brown Cafe?

Nolimitz

FedEx can be very picky. My son applied to be a seasonal handler last year. was denied because of a previous failed piss test. Yes he had smoked pot previously. They did not redo the test

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, I see he blew off Operational Needs. Personally, any conversation with him is a waste of time. And who cares about his family?

What is it now, his 5th triumphant return to The Brown Cafe?
at least 5 times---He's the King Hypocrite

Nolimitz

Ups doesn’t piss test part timers

unless they have cause

Jr. should have layed off the weed for awhile if he really wanted the job
He had been off the weed for 6 months. It was a lousy 5 weeks of pt pkg handling. the fail was a year before he applied and was on BG check. My comment was only to show how picky they can be when hiring. Nothing more nothing less.

floridays

how many UPS handlers can pass a piss test? Probably not many if any at all
I guess they passed the first one. Just a guess on my part.

Has any type of handler ever had to take a second piss test without an incident?

Your kids a pothead, send him to Colorado or California.

Bingo

I had a background check done I had the interview done and orientation date set also. I get my background check back in the mail said, FedEx Supply Chain may be unable to extend offer of employment to me. I had a misdemeanor 26 years ago was theft. probation I served 6 months that was the only thing I did. My record is clean since then like I 26 years ago that happen. Will that stop me from employment? The letter I got says my be unable? Fedx logistics warehouse
Thanks

Ohio
The letter does not state that was the reason. Could be a credit score, a recent bankruptcy, civil judgement ect,

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It’s also a possibility that it could simply be your English composition that’s putting them off from hiring you......just a possibility. I understand Supply Chain can be real :censored2: heads about that stuff. :sailor:

Star B

White Lightening
now that you have a denial letter, write to the address provided and get a copy of your background check and dispute anything that's wrong. yeah, it's an echo from an earlier comment but I feel it bears repeating.