Workers compensation?

Mel B

My boyfriend works at UPS. He is a scanner. He ruins pants and shorts all the time. You scanners understand. Well he come home with these blisters in the same area that the belt is. Of course he has been wearing shorts because of the heat. Well he went to the doctor cause they were looking bad. He has MRSA. He had to do 4 days of IVs of antibiotics and steriods plus orally taking antibiotics and must use prescription ointment on the places. After 4 days of IVs he still has a fever. He has not gone anywhere. Only home and work. Can he get workers compensation? Please help

KoennenTiger

Mrsa is serious :censored2:. How the *did he get it? Was he visiting someone bed ridden in a hospital? If there was a mrsa outbreak in the hub that's one thing. Also we don't call em scanners we call em spa. Scan - print - apply

He's a spa

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
My boyfriend works at UPS. He is a scanner. He ruins pants and shorts all the time. You scanners understand. Well he come home with these blisters in the same area that the belt is. Of course he has been wearing shorts because of the heat. Well he went to the doctor cause they were looking bad. He has MRSA. He had to do 4 days of IVs of antibiotics and steriods plus orally taking antibiotics and must use prescription ointment on the places. After 4 days of IVs he still has a fever. He has not gone anywhere. Only home and work. Can he get workers compensation? Please help

Most likely not.

Workers comp only covers injuries and occupational diseases, a disease directly related to your occupation. MRSA is not a disease related to working at UPS.

You should check with your State's BWC department to be sure.

If he is unable to work, he should be eligible for short term disability if he has been employed long enough.

Mel B

Mrsa is serious :censored2:. How the * did he get it? Was he visiting someone bed ridden in a hospital? If there was a mrsa outbreak in the hub that's one thing. Also we don't call em scanners we call em spa. Scan - print - apply

He's a spa
Look *... I said he was at home and work only, he has not gotten from anywhere else. He had to get it from work from the belt

Mel B

Most likely not.

Workers comp only covers injuries and occupational diseases, a disease directly related to your occupation. MRSA is not a disease related to working at UPS.

You should check with your State's BWC department to be sure.

If he is unable to work, he should be eligible for short term disability if he has been employed long enough.
I appreciate the information. I am just trying to get some useful information so I can help him. Thank you very much

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are a complete *, :censored2:

613370A7-D499-4062-8F16-A9137C7D0744.gif

Mel B not playing around

Trash Panda

my brother who passed from cancer back in 2017 had MRSA during his battle. No idea where he got it from.

More than likely its not a workman's comp issue. His immune system is compromised and shouldn't be going into work as it will spread.

Im not well rehearsed with it as i was driving out on the road at the time it happened. My mother was his caregiver and i recall her extensively cleaning the house once they were informed he had it.

Jstpeachy

Blister/abrasion could be caused by the belt if he wears it tightly and it rubs while he sweats... which perhaps provided the place for the Mrsa to get in. but gonna be hard pressed imo to prove the actual infection came from ups. “Hasn’t been anywhere but work and home” still leads to being exposed to plenty of other people.

Johney

Good luck trying to prove MRSA from a work related injury at UPS. You will have little to no evidence supporting your claim.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
if he can prove he got it from ups, then yes