Workgroup "problem child"

dezguy

Management's feet need to be held to the fire. If their subordinates opt to stand around with their thumbs up their butts, then have at it. This time next month, they'll still have the same issues. This time the month after that, they'll still have the same issues, and so on.
Management needs to do THIER job.

It's amazing; management can bug us about useless :censored2: like flow rates and gap reports but can't have a one on one with an employee without other employees "holding their feet to the fire"?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Management needs to do THIER job.

Never said otherwise.

It's amazing; management can bug us about useless :censored2: like flow rates and gap reports but can't have a one on one with an employee without other employees "holding their feet to the fire"?[/QUOTE]

"Gosh, why do they bug us about metrics that measure quality and performance??" That aside, you'll keep getting what you keep tolerating.

floridays

Never said otherwise.

It's amazing; management can bug us about useless :censored2: like flow rates and gap reports but can't have a one on one with an employee without other employees "holding their feet to the fire"?

"Gosh, why do they bug us about metrics that measure quality and performance??" That aside, you'll keep getting what you keep tolerating.[/QUOTE]
If your gonna respond to someone's assertion respond to the full assertion. His post was based on your previous answers.
I thought you were a tough guy, are you afraid to hold someone to anything that can't be backed up by a numerical metric to cover your ass?
You may get a manager's pay, you are no manager however.

dezguy

Never said otherwise.

"Gosh, why do they bug us about metrics that measure quality and performance??" That aside, you'll keep getting what you keep tolerating.[/QUOTE]
Lol so it's acceptable to push "metrics that measure quality and performance" but not do the job they're hired to do which is MANAGE employees?

I mean, we all know FedEx is is nothing more than numbers, anymore but thank you for confirming it. Is that how they hire managers now? Just pick the guy who says they'll only worry about numbers?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lol so it's acceptable to push "metrics that measure quality and performance" but not do the job they're hired to do which is MANAGE employees?

I mean, we all know FedEx is is nothing more than numbers, anymore but thank you for confirming it. Is that how they hire managers now? Just pick the guy who says they'll only worry about numbers?

LOL, "Anything that can be measured is BAD!!!"

fatboy33

Unless it directly effects your pay or days off, mind your business. There will always be people like that and they’re a management problem, not yours. Nothing you can do. It will eventually catch up to them. It always does.
Totally agree. You do not want to be on a person's like this S-list. You will find yourself having to stay quiet as that person works beside you or passes by. Any little thing you say, she may find a way to twist it into something sexual or gender harassing. Companies fear this type of worker because they know how the system works and how to manipulated it. We had a guy transfer out because he was scared the company was going to, one day, take another person's side. It was a risk he wasn't willing to take. So rather than stay and wait for the day to come, down the road, he just left. Good employee too. Only job related conversions take place with this person. Nothing about the weekend or personal off the clock activities. Never know if she's making records. Smile and keep on walking is the best advise.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
"Gosh, why do they bug us about metrics that measure quality and performance??" That aside, you'll keep getting what you keep tolerating.
Hey knucklehead, are you side-stepping the question or do you just have no idea how to provide an intelligent response?

dezguy

LOL, "Anything that can be measured is BAD!!!"
Where did I say that?

It's amazing what you decide to dig your heels in for, sometimes and to what lengths you do to try to convince people that everything comes down to being the employees fault or responsibility.

In one comment, you both say management is to blame and the employees are responsible for managing the manager.

It really is something else!