Working 60hrs a week

Can you get 60hrs a week?

I push for 60hrs a week but they dont seem to give me more than 10hr planned days..

How can i get 12-14 planned days? I need the money...

upschuck

Some of the most miserable people I know are wealthy, they can never have enough. Some of the happiest people I know don't have the 'stuff' or the money, but they have a lot of real friends.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Some of the most miserable people I know are wealthy, they can never have enough. Some of the happiest people I know don't have the 'stuff' or the money, but they have a lot of real friends.
I know of a lot more people that say "I wish I could leave UPS but I need to keep working because I didn't save any money". People need to stop demonizing people who want to work more, otherwise you get the entitlement generation we are dealing with now.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can you get 60hrs a week?

I push for 60hrs a week but they dont seem to give me more than 10hr planned days..

How can i get 12-14 planned days? I need the money...
Ask your sup to give you more work. When you get the hours you need try to get your bills in order so you don't NEED the money, save some so you can retire with dignity.

UPSGUY72

Ask your sup to give you more work. When you get the hours you need try to get your bills in order so you don't NEED the money, save some so you can retire with dignity.

Your not guaranteed OT only 8 hrs a day. Asking to be sent out with 12 hrs of work a day isn't going to happen.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed

Your not guaranteed OT only 8 hrs a day. Asking to be sent out with 12 hrs of work a day isn't going to happen.

It did a few years back at my hub. Some people almost got rolled in the parking lot for it. 3 asked for it, got it, and kept 4 FT drivers laid off a month longer than they should have been.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Actually, if he requests 12, he'll get sent out with 14 and be expected back in 10. Then, as soon as he screws up, he'll have 0.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Feel free to look up the threads about drivers not getting 8 hours vs those filing 9.5. If you ask for more work they'll most certainly give it to you as long as you're giving a fair days work. They won't give someone who's constantly over allowed more work however.