Working 60hrs a week

JL 0513

Can you get 60hrs a week?

I push for 60hrs a week but they dont seem to give me more than 10hr planned days..

How can i get 12-14 planned days? I need the money...

Are you top rate yet? If not, it's true that the first couple of years are tough for money especially with a family. But if you are at top rate and "need the money" working 60 hours a week then a review of your budget might be in order.

Not to judge as I don't know your situation. Just saying

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you top rate yet? If not, it's true that the first couple of years are tough for money especially with a family. But if you are at top rate and "need the money" working 60 hours a week then a review of your budget might be in order.

Not to judge as I don't know your situation. Just saying

​I know people who make over a million a year and they are in debt ... WTH?

JL 0513

​I know people who make over a million a year and they are in debt ... WTH?

Very true. Pretty common sadly. Look at the amount of celebrities who have gone broke.

People can take any amount of money and blow it. Even 100's of millions (e.g. Micheal Jackson). Even billions.

Ideally, once you reach a comfortable wage such as we do at UPS, one would be able to live well while having low debt and preparing for retirement. A majority of people have to get by with much less.

UPSGUY72

Feel free to look up the threads about drivers not getting 8 hours vs those filing 9.5. If you ask for more work they'll most certainly give it to you as long as you're giving a fair days work. They won't give someone who's constantly over allowed more work however.

routes are dispatched around 9.1 hr of work in my building of of course not every route is perfectly at 9.1 hrs a day somedays some are over and somedays some are under I betting that the daily dispatch route hr around the county is suppose to be around 9.1 hrs. Routes aren't dispatched with 12 hrs or 14hr of work some drivers might work 12hr 14hr but it wasn't because the route was dispatched with that many hrs.

We call in over 9.5, 10 etc for a reason. Drivers and cars and pick up pieces have to be back to the building before the local sort closes and so things can get set up for the preload. in my building we have a FT preload that come in around midnight earlier during peak.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
routes are dispatched around 9.1 hr of work in my building of of course not every route is perfectly at 9.1 hrs a day somedays some are over and somedays some are under I betting that the daily dispatch route hr around the county is suppose to be around 9.1 hrs. Routes aren't dispatched with 12 hrs or 14hr of work some drivers might work 12hr 14hr but it wasn't because the route was dispatched with that many hrs.

We call in over 9.5, 10 etc for a reason. Drivers and cars and pick up pieces have to be back to the building before the local sort closes and so things can get set up for the preload. in my building we have a FT preload that come in around midnight earlier during peak.
Well on the east coast getting a 11-12 hour dispatch is a daily occurrence if you want, sometimes even if you don't. Last week my planned day averaged around 11.8, Monday was over 13, worked 11.3. One thing you can always count on, even during non peak days, someone somewhere needs help, I'll be there to scoop the pot.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
if they know you want the money , they wont give you the overtime you want...........If you dont want the overtime you will get more than you want!!
He's right. Don't ask your sups for OT...they don't enjoy giving us what we want. You're better off telling them you want to try and get out on the early side (cite some family thing, like your kid's ballgame) twice a week. Chances are, they'll bury you under work on those days....lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
According to the mechanics in our building they are strictly prohibited from working OT barring an emergency such as a road call.

During peak all OT prerequisites are off, but at my center those hours are useless because there is no way to do it. " Blown engine?? PFFFT! Call the tow company and outside services"

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Gotta love how we are expected to have everything running every day, have no spare vehicles, have no parts in stock, and have the "shop" to yourself 5 hours a day and have everybody in by 10, a center that won't communicate, defective DVIR's (no signature,no date, vague at best description)(sometimes no car number))(!) AAAAUUUGHHHHHHH! mechanic falls over foaming at the mouth......

trickpony1

There is more to life than money.

Spoken by someone who lives in a "paid for" condo and leases a new car every 3-4 years.

Ask the homeless Vet living under a bridge or in a homeless shelter if he feels the same way.

I'd be willing to bet if your condo and leased car as well as all the money you've got stashed away were to suddenly disappear, you'd probably feel differently.

JL 0513

It's true that those that say "there's more to life than money" are those that have it. Sure, the statement is true, but should go without saying.

Money is the tool by which we live most of our life. If you stop and think about everything in your daily life that can only occur due to money, you'll determine it's about 99%. Even taking a dump is a result of money expenditure. All the "free" activities you do is surrounded by previous needs that have been paid for.

Spending time with family and friends is what life is about, right? Well that's expensive.