Working as directed?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
1 large package shouldn't destroy your pace, even if it is an over 70.

The guy before you set expectations high, and they're going to maintain those expectations because it has been done. If he wasn't injured doing it either they're going to say he maintained safety while producing. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't know. Just telling you what I'm willing to bet the sup is thinking.
My 100 % isn't. Your 100%. I'm doing the best I can with the tools The Lord provided me with !! That little dweeb will be gone soon enough !!

T

Turdferguson

6888584.gif
Is that why you raise chickens?

Box Ox

Does working as directed include not stacking out while loading and jogging to keep up with the pace of the flow? A sup has told me to work as directed in a area with 1200-1300 peices a day I told him "I'm not going to run you don't pay me to run" and I was told I need to work as directed? Is this considered over supervision? I care more about load quality and safety than I do keeping up with the flow. I have one job and that's to satisfy the driver and make his/her day as easy as possible. can I be written up for stacking out?

You work safely and only safely. Never run. Sups will blow all sorts of smoke up your A trying to get you to work unsafely. But the moment you faceplant, misload or have terrible load quality it's on you. And working as directed never, ever applies if you think it can't be done safely. Don't believe anything else. Tell your sups you're working safely and they can make your day if they want to pursue a case over it.

The guy before you set expectations high, and they're going to maintain those expectations because it has been done. If he wasn't injured doing it either they're going to say he maintained safety while producing. Whether it's right or wrong, I don't know. Just telling you what I'm willing to bet the sup is thinking.

1 large package usually won't ruin the party. But 1 large package in the middle of edge to edge simultaneous bulk stops for multiple routes very well can.

And the "guy before him" had a 50-75 pound weight limit (depending on how long ago) and lighter routes. It's not a fair try and compare loading in the good old days with the current "Shove it up everybody's A as hard as the company can because ORION and Wall Street" regime.

wayfair

swollen member

The guy before you set expectations high, and they're going to maintain those expectations because it has been done. Just telling you what I'm willing to bet the sup is thinking.

and the 1,000 pt sups before

PT Car Washer

Ask politely for a stack board.
Never heard the word stack board used. We had either 2X8 or 4X8 dock extenders behind the bulk package cars to stack bulk stops. A table placed between the dock and the package car. We called them a pallet but that was just the name we used.