Working for brown

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After learning many routes at both fedex and UPS, know what the biggest impediment to getting up to speed is? Knowing which entrance to deliver to.

A lot of time can be wasted figuring out which door to use.

I had a new helper this past Peak. It took me all of one day to get him up to speed on the basics of the DIAD and within the first week he was delivering to a multiple consignee medical office building all by himself. The second week we covered multiple left at's and COD's. By the end of Peak he was familiar enough with the DIAD and PAS/EDD to where he could have delivered a reduced route all by himself.

It's not rocket science.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A lot of time can be wasted figuring out which door to use.

I had a new helper this past Peak. It took me all of one day to get him up to speed on the basics of the DIAD and within the first week he was delivering to a multiple consignee medical office building all by himself. The second week we covered multiple left at's and COD's. By the end of Peak he was familiar enough with the DIAD and PAS/EDD to where he could have delivered a reduced route all by himself.

It's not rocket science.

Helpers aren't supposed to deliver COD's.

CAFAL

I will give you the fact that you guys have a ton of area knowledge. In my area,there are 3a x routes to like 10 brown routes. Although,triple your stops and subtract 80 miles. You'll have know what tired is

upser92

I think anyone can do our job but I think very few people can handle doing our job. I'm talking about the pace the hours the constant looking over your shoulder for management. These are the things that weed people out

This. Haha there's a reason in the hub I have the most seniority loading on my belt and I was hired in 2010. It takes a lot of mental toughness to work here

DS

Fenderbender
I clean up nice, don't I?
I hate the way too many threads go from banter to getting personal.
Upstate posted this pic in good faith,too bad he doesn't have one of you to judge.
bubbles.jpg