Working off the "old contract"

SameRightsForAll

I have a question for the geniuses here. When a contract expires, why is it that we continue obeying the entire contract EXCEPT for the scheduled pay raise?

CoolStoryBro

b
I have a question for the geniuses here. When a contract expires, why is it that we continue obeying the entire contract EXCEPT for the scheduled pay raise that is already written in and in effect.

We are. The old contract has has the specific date of each raise. There were no provisions for raises after the contract expired. Thus, no raises until we get a new contract.

SameRightsForAll

b

We are. The old contract has has the specific date of each raise. There were no provisions for raises after the contract expired. Thus, no raises until we get a new contract.

So your answer is basically "because nothing expires except the pay scale". I'm asking what's the logic behind this if it's not being used as coercion.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I give up with you.

I'll try.

Under the 2013-2018 contract, the one that we are working under since it has been extended, there was no negotiated pay raise effective August 1, 2018, so we did not get a raise.

Our last and final raise negotiated under this contract, the one we are working under, was February 1, 2018.

Superteeth2478

Don't worry, you'll get retroactive pay.
Speaking of that, now there are stewards in my building going around telling people they won't get retro pay if it's voted down because it's being voted down for "non-economic" issues...some hardcore scare tactics, or what?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Speaking of that, now there are stewards in my building going around telling people they won't get retro pay if it's voted down because it's being voted down for "non-economic" issues...some hardcore scare tactics, or what?
“Non economic” issues.....according to who?!?! Your BA is feeding your steward BS!!!!

Superteeth2478

“Non economic” issues.....according to who?!?! Your BA is feeding your steward BS!!!!
Man, none of the :censored2: they were saying sounded right, and I didn't believe it for a second. That "non-economic issues" BS just sounded like something they were saying to justify the "no backpay" scenario, because just saying there won't be backpay doesn't make sense and they needed an explanation. It just sounds like a ridiculous scare tactic.

IGotARock

How would anyone know what the reasons were for voting down a contract? Maybe they are economic. How can anyone know?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

If the contract is voted down, there is a chance that we would not get retro pay, but that chance is relatively minimal.

It is possible that on the next offer, and if accepted, or impossed, the raise would go into effect on the date of ratification, and not be retroactive back to August 1.

Again, I say not very likely, but it is a possibility that cannot be entirely ruled out.

No one knows at this time for sure.

Indecisi0n

I'll try.

Under the 2013-2018 contract, the one that we are working under since it has been extended, there was no negotiated pay raise effective August 1, 2018, so we did not get a raise.

Our last and final raise negotiated under this contract, the one we are working under, was February 1, 2018.
There is always one know-it-all in the group.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
eliminate the raises. Lmfao!!!!!
943E9262-4D86-4FBB-8CE0-A101A3A0B4D7.gif