Working Saturday?

Notretiredyet

Forcing from the bottom up tomorrow, can't say it was a surprise. Talking about a 14hr day Xmas eve, not surprised by that either. The weather has finally become a factor and its gonna be a Xmas to remember, and not in a good way. Be safe everyone.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am working tomorrow. I am the highest seniority cover driver in my center, but I am also one of the lowest that has hours available.

Our Monday start time is 8a and with so many business closures, should be able to pound off the resis and have a reasonable day.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our Monday start time is 8a and with so many business closures, should be able to pound off the resis and have a reasonable day.

I hope you do ... too many memories of delivering on Christmas Eve after dark.
Hope you make it home and enjoy the evening with your family.

onehandsolo

What is the cut off for hours available to work Saturday? In my center several drivers with 7 hours or more were told they had to work. Another driver had 6 hours left and was told he did not have to work. Not sure of the logic in that.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Its going to be a busy day out of my Center tomorrow. Most of the air was late, they let us go after saying that it would be shuttled out to us. I waited all day for a meet point to be sent to me, several calls I made to my Center promised that it was being processed and was on the way. I emptied my car out by 5:00 and let my Helper go home. I called my center manager and asked him what to do, and he told me to come on in. When I got back, all the air was shoved under the belts, no attempt was made to bring it out to us.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Its going to be a busy day out of my Center tomorrow. Most of the air was late, they let us go after saying that it would be shuttled out to us. I waited all day for a meet point to be sent to me, several calls I made to my Center promised that it was being processed and was on the way. I emptied my car out by 5:00 and let my Helper go home. I called my center manager and asked him what to do, and he told me to come on in. When I got back, all the air was shoved under the belts, no attempt was made to bring it out to us.
Roswell had pallets and pallets of air stacked up from those planes that were late. They shuttled out residential NDA and left commercial in the building. I think the reasoning is because with businesses shutting down early today, they figured time would be better spent attempting something that doesn't close, houses.

Notretiredyet

Not a big deal to me, been to this rodeo before. Monday for me will be just another Xmas eve, regardless of when I get done. I don't believe anyone will be working 14hrs, in fact I think it was inappropriate for the center manager to say it at the AM meeting. His so called ways to motivate us sometimes does just the opposite.

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
I got my air shuttled to me around 1:30pm, around 30 stops... had to backtrack for a bit... then found out the extended areas in my center didn't get their air pkgs

was told I had hours left and asked "if I could help out"

my wallet says yes, but my body says "are you fukin stoopid"

barnyard

KTM rider
Ours was shuttled out starting at 1415. I met a shuttle and took stuff for 4 drivers. I met the last at 1520. Delivered my way back to the center and took stops from someone that ran out of hours. I punched out at 1935.

thessalonian13

Forcing from the bottom up tomorrow, can't say it was a surprise. Talking about a 14hr day Xmas eve, not surprised by that either. The weather has finally become a factor and its gonna be a Xmas to remember, and not in a good way. Be safe everyone.
HELL NO!!!!! I will not work saturday. In fact, nobody in my center signed up to work saturday.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
What I what to know is The 60 hour limit included paid breaks, I was told that I have to call tomorrow at 8 to find if I have to work. I dont know if everybody gets the 20 minute add to there end of day if you work over 10 hrs. I have work 53.30 hrs plus 1.40 for going over 10 for five straight days. I was also told that if I request a 8 hr. day, That they can have me drive for 5 hrs and then do 3 hrs inside.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have 5 hours left and volunteered to come in to burn them. I live about 15 minutes away from the hub so it's easy money.

I have about 30 minutes left but I volunteered to come in and be a helper for a supervisor. Supposedly all the air and EC we have are getting held til Monday. I call BS I love 5 minutes from the center and ill be watching to see if any sups are working. If so ill be filing.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Does anyone know if the 20 minutes you get for going over 10 is included in your 60 hour work limit for the week?