Working Saturday?

barnyard

KTM rider
Turns out, my boss did a pretty good job planning. I worked 3.5 hours, 1 of which was waiting for the air shuttle to arrive. Delivered my 11 stops and was done. When I got back, there were 4 on the way in and 4 that should have been done within 20 minutes.

Not a horrible day.

While we were waiting for air, we discussed the knucklehead that stole the Ipad mini and the dude whose mom says he only worked 1 day and has not been called back. It was pretty much unanimous, the thief is a :censored2: and the kid that only worked one day, did what he could and should look for work elsewhere.

Oh and the dude that tossed out all the packages near Papillion NE made everyone laugh too.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think something was seriously wrong today. 14 stops, call at 8, call at 10, Dude I wanted to be done and home by one. We started at noon. A wasted day in my book, personally and UPS profit wise, had to be a disaster.
So On Monday, our only saving grace will be businesses closed. I dont think they quite properly predicted the model for this week, with that extra so called week between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I had air brought out fri at 330 that was closed, but I could have gotten rid of lots of it today. Not on any car?
I think Monday will be the end of the world.
AND THEN THE INVESTIGATION WILL SHOW, MISTAKES WERE MADE BUT NO ONE IS TO BE BLAMED.

barnyard

KTM rider
There was a shuttle driver working today and he said that he got to the last of his meets at 1700. Out of all the stuff taken out, our center only missed 30 pieces. The boss was pretty pleased with everyone and their ethic to get it done. Of my 11 stops, 5 were stops that did not make the center on Friday and were 'free upgrades.'

STFXG

I ran today. Monday will be super light and now im hauling a mattress home for my daughters new bed. Put this truck to work!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Started at 1000, got on the road about 1130, back to the building and clocked out by 1415. 8 stops, 90 miles. The scene in the building was kind of a goat rope, but it was easy money all the same.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
We ran all Friday's EC's, send agains 1's 1p's,2's, 2A.M.'s, and the 3 flights of air that came in today, Commercial included, Was an Awesome day. Still brought lot's of commercial back cause not many open Saturday. Dr's any letters front door we could to minimize Monday send agains. And swept UPS stores.

No holds Bare 2day ;)

We banged it out like beasts. plane arrivals, 730am, 10 and 1130. run a rt, back to buidling, refill, run again. and again. 3 different diads.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We ran all Friday's EC's, send agains 1's 1p's,2's, 2A.M.'s, and the 3 flights of air that came in today, Commercial included, Was an Awesome day. Still brought lot's of commercial back cause not many open Saturday. Dr's any letters front door we could to minimize Monday send agains. And swept UPS stores.

No holds Bare 2day ;)

What an incredibly smart plan, except for the part of DRing letters to businesses.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

You can release a commercial pkg; must use "release number" option ("relnum" on screen). When the stop is completed it will ask you if it is a residential or commercial delivery.

For those asking why the asking about who is shipping on Monday when there isn't a pickup Monday, I was told it gives dispatchers an idea of what kind of shipment volume to project for the day when we will make their pickup, and dispatch the route accordingly, like lighten the stop count if the expected p/u volume for a given trip will cause the driver to go over the time allowance they want him in by (9.5hrs for us). Some shippers will still process orders and ready them for shipment even though they know UPS will not pick up that day.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

At our PCM Friday we were informed they would need help Saturday; I volunteered. I had 52.09 hours through Friday, but thought nothing of it, for I had never come real close to 8 hrs on sat, normally 5-6 hrs, occasionally 7. Today I somehow got 7.70 hours. In light of the thread on the "Union" board about the driver who got fired for violating the 60hr rule, I was pretty anxious as the time got close!