Working termination..

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
This isnt your last job.. This is ups and a union organization.. There is procedures and steps to follow whether you agree with them or not they are there to protect us.. There was no drugs.. I been dealing with outside variables such as housing and family matters. It was a single incident aside from the times i was foerced to call out to medical issues. It seems to me they are upset about refusing to sign documents and using this as a extreme example of something that isnt there. Again if i knew this was a roasting site for peers to hurt fellow workers i would have steered clear. You all obviously have no clue what a union means. Best of luck to you all if you are in our unions. God bless..
They can terminate you for abandoning your job, there is no progressive discipline for that. You also said you got a warning letter for attendence. So they already warned you. Usually they dont fire you for that stuff unless it is a chronic issue. Therefore I dont think your telling the whole story

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
This whole “I’m in the union they can’t friend with me” attitude isn’t going to get anybody anywhere. I am proud as hell to be a teamster and I consider myself a teamster before I do a UPSER. That said, you can’t just clock off and not come back to work whenever you want. That is stuff I did when I was in high school. UPS is a very hard job and that’s why the union is there to have our back. In my opinion, a good teamster shows up to work and does his job to the best of his abilities. Guys like the op who want to get away with murder and hide behind the union devalue the process.

ski or die

Ski or Die
We had a person who was a porter in our building. He was tired so he laid down on one of the belts and took a nap. Supervisor discovered him taking his nap and fired him. The union got his job back. The difference between you and him, he didn't abandon his job. He was just laid back and taking it easy in his scheduled work area.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Oh come on. He was on meal and fell asleep. We do that all the time in feeders. Code it out as meal and keep on truckin.

JustDeliverIt

Hey guys, alittle backstory i been trying to use vacation days and optiom days they wouldnt allow me. So i used some sick days and recently had a medical issue that was spuratic and flaring up inconsistantly. I was given a single warning write up for attendance long after it was suppose to happen as the write up procedure schedule plan says. I also decided from then on i wouldnt sign anymore papers they wanted me to sign unless it was required by OSHA or DOT. they lied to me for 2 days.. As i stood my ground they were then informed i didnt need to sign anything. Small victory but you could tell it pissed them off. The other day we had a lunch (which all should know isnt the norm) i went to my car ate and passed out. I woke up some 2-3 hours later and left. I came to work the next day explaining what had happen and they put me on working termination.. Seems alittle extra.. Anyone have advice?

Here's the thing, they are going to look at it as job abandonment since you left the premises wether you agree with it or not. It is a working termination, which means it will get reviewed by a panel at some point. Honestly, they could have just fired you outright.

You will get a chance to explain yourself and if you don't have a poor work history you will probably keep your job. Be honest when you are heard and don't do it again between now and then. If they really wanted you gone, you would be.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This isnt your last job.. This is ups and a union organization.. There is procedures and steps to follow whether you agree with them or not they are there to protect us.. There was no drugs.. I been dealing with outside variables such as housing and family matters. It was a single incident aside from the times i was foerced to call out to medical issues. It seems to me they are upset about refusing to sign documents and using this as a extreme example of something that isnt there. Again if i knew this was a roasting site for peers to hurt fellow workers i would have steered clear. You all obviously have no clue what a union means. Best of luck to you all if you are in our unions. God bless..
A good Q is
What were you looking for by posting your story?

Boston25

Hey guys, alittle backstory i been trying to use vacation days and optiom days they wouldnt allow me. So i used some sick days and recently had a medical issue that was spuratic and flaring up inconsistantly. I was given a single warning write up for attendance long after it was suppose to happen as the write up procedure schedule plan says. I also decided from then on i wouldnt sign anymore papers they wanted me to sign unless it was required by OSHA or DOT. they lied to me for 2 days.. As i stood my ground they were then informed i didnt need to sign anything. Small victory but you could tell it pissed them off. The other day we had a lunch (which all should know isnt the norm) i went to my car ate and passed out. I woke up some 2-3 hours later and left. I came to work the next day explaining what had happen and they put me on working termination.. Seems alittle extra.. Anyone have advice?

We have had people do worse. File a grievance immediately if you haven’t already. And don’t do it again you’re lucky they didn’t just fire you for leaving.

clean hairy

Look at it this way.
You own a business making Widgets.
An employee leaves, and you do not see the person return to their work station for 3 hours.
You are not the babysitter, most folks might conclude the person quit and is not coming back.
Then the person comes back the next day with a cool story, would you take them back after he or she caused staffing issues the day before?

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
ok just curious, what is a "working termination"? got a coworker on that now, he is a maroon,so much no call no shows, he had a 1, 3, then 5 day suspension, and now is on a "working termination" always wondered what that working termination actually is?

trailer loader

Trailer Loader
When you get fired for something that isn't a cardinal sin.
so, why is he not fired yet? and still working our sort under "working termination"? X2
i understand actually being fired for cardinal or something that is not,, i am just trying to understand the actual meaning of "working termination" lol honestly, this :censored2: needs to be 100% terminated, and i cannot wait for the day i see him walked out. but that is not what my post was about, i just wanted to know the actual meaning of "working termination"

so, why is he not fired yet? and still working our sort under "working termination"? X2
i understand actually being fired for cardinal or something that is not,, i am just trying to understand the actual meaning of "working termination" lol honestly, this :censored2: needs to be 100% terminated, and i cannot wait for the day i see him walked out. but that is not what my post was about, i just wanted to know the actual meaning of "working termination"
He was probably fired for having too many infractions and warning letters.
You are innocent to proven guilty.