Working termination..

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by UPSer underfire, Aug 7, 2019.

1. UPSer underfire

UPSer underfire New Member

Hey guys, alittle backstory i been trying to use vacation days and optiom days they wouldnt allow me. So i used some sick days and recently had a medical issue that was spuratic and flaring up inconsistantly. I was given a single warning write up for attendance long after it was suppose to happen as the write up procedure schedule plan says. I also decided from then on i wouldnt sign anymore papers they wanted me to sign unless it was required by OSHA or DOT. they lied to me for 2 days.. As i stood my ground they were then informed i didnt need to sign anything. Small victory but you could tell it pissed them off. The other day we had a lunch (which all should know isnt the norm) i went to my car ate and passed out. I woke up some 2-3 hours later and left. I came to work the next day explaining what had happen and they put me on working termination.. Seems alittle extra.. Anyone have advice?

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

You're lucky you still have a job.

3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You abandoned your job, and you think its "a little extra" that they fired you?
    I cant decide if you are ignorant or just have oversized testicles

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. UPSer underfire

According to the contract you are suppossed to be warned by letter. This is the firsf step. And i didnt abandon my job i was on site just exhausted and accidentally passed out.

5. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

You left without permission....during your shift. You abandoned your job dude

6. UPSer underfire

Okay guy im not here to argue or fight with online trolls. I left with permission it was lunch. I accidentally passed out do to exhuastion. But thanks for your input. Keep up the turd work. ❤

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If you have a medical condition get FMLA from your doctor .it's the only thing that will protect your job .

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Ignorant it is then.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Lay off the weed

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Are you high on something right now?

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

He took himself out of service due to heat exhaustion. Came back the next day and reported a medical condition. You should be fine.

13. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

was it drugs

14. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

usually they dont give anything for attendence unless it is excessive or it is a common thing with a person. They are so short on people, so it must be an issue with you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

He was shooting heroin between his toes out in the parking lot and OD'd. They are toast

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. UPSer underfire

Well good to know this is more a troll cafe then a place where people unite and support one another. Ill go ahead and delete this trash and move along thanks...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

At my last job you were fired on the spot for coming in 1 minute late or coming back after lunch 1 minute late. You were asleep DURING your scheduled shift and expect mercy???? Cmon man. Lucky you didn’t get the walk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. UPSer underfire

This isnt your last job.. This is ups and a union organization.. There is procedures and steps to follow whether you agree with them or not they are there to protect us.. There was no drugs.. I been dealing with outside variables such as housing and family matters. It was a single incident aside from the times i was foerced to call out to medical issues. It seems to me they are upset about refusing to sign documents and using this as a extreme example of something that isnt there. Again if i knew this was a roasting site for peers to hurt fellow workers i would have steered clear. You all obviously have no clue what a union means. Best of luck to you all if you are in our unions. God bless..

19. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Future 22.4 driver ?

20. You just left without notifying someone?