Working termination

Scooter

Can anyone tell me what a working termination is???? I’m a ups Freight driver with 27 yrs under his belt. I had a minor accident ( well, nothing is minor with ups ) I was cleared to come back to work and ride with our safety guy. This morning I was told that a warning letter would be issued and then the words “working termination” came up. Just curious as to what this means. I’m WELL over the 10 year mark for any incident accident or otherwise. Can anyone help with clearing this up for me?? Tomorrow morning the company lawyer will be at our terminal for a few questions for me.

thanks for any help you can give to help explain working termination.

542thruNthru

Can anyone tell me what a working termination is???? I’m a ups Freight driver with 27 yrs under his belt. I had a minor accident ( well, nothing is minor with ups ) I was cleared to come back to work and ride with our safety guy. This morning I was told that a warning letter would be issued and then the words “working termination” came up. Just curious as to what this means. I’m WELL over the 10 year mark for any incident accident or otherwise. Can anyone help with clearing this up for me?? Tomorrow morning the company lawyer will be at our terminal for a few questions for me.

First you need to speak with your Shop Steward or call your local and speak with your Buisness Agent.

A working termination is when you are being investigated. I don't know Freights contract but here you can not be terminated without recieving a warning letter first unless it's one of the "cardinal sins" like dishonest, unauthorized passenger, reckless driving accident.

If they think your accident was major or do to recklessness they will put you on a working termination while they determine if it was.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Don’t answer a :censored2: thing without a shop steward present. Nothing.

And good luck.

PT Car Washer

You BUST YOUR ASS, do what’s right, go above and beyond and they wanna make you feel like sh$t when you have a simple fender bender!
We had a driver on a working termination for almost a year. In the end nothing happened. It is an intimidation tactic to scare you and your coworkers.

M

MenInBrown

Don’t answer anything without union representation. If a lawyer is asking questions, don’t answer anything without your attorney present.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A working termination is where they fire you, but you continue to work pending the outcome of the disciplinary process.

Skooney

Just curious, where was your shop steward and why didn't you ask him? Lol..