Working through break

squirlygirly

This is my local

and let me tell you that bob picone has been in the teamsters 40 years and he knows what he is talking about.

This man has a lot to do with what we have today.

He takes the time to answer questions and is immediatly on any problem brought to his attention.

I have said many times posting here that i cant beleive what some of you say about your local or the union this man is why i say that, because i see none of these issues with this man defending us in local 340

I have much respect for him and hope i can learn half what he knows.

That is AWESOME!!! You're definitely lucky to know him personally.

So he is a Union Rep, Steward...? I feel I should get it correct out of respect for him, within the posting. I'm sure you and he would agree! ~:->>>

backinbrown

respect my authority
That is AWESOME!!! You're definitely lucky to know him personally.

So he is a Union Rep, Steward...? I feel I should get it correct out of respect for him, within the posting. I'm sure you and he would agree! ~:->>>

He works for the union done his driving years ago he is a BA who is actually retired but is still much needed therefore he is still there for us i beleive they are allowed to pay him so many hours being retired.

He plans on coming out of retirement soon to go back full time.

I listen to his stories and his knowledge you cant tell this guy a situation that he has not seen before. when we do start losing these TEAMSTERS we better hope that the people taking their place care as they did.

And i hope you all have BOB PICONE types in your local but it sounds like a lot of you dont, or you don't take the time to go to local meetings and pick the brains of the men and women who have fought for what we have over the years. these people want to teach us, they want to know that what they have done has not been for nothing.

Go to your locals if you can't make it every month ok but try to go to a couple a year and talk to them after the meeting tell them your personel situations at work. if they are anything like this man you will good advice that you should follow. jmo but i am so thankfull for Bob Picone, and he is not the only one at my local like this. i feel very fortunate knowing them and having them there for me after reading what some of you say about our union and bieng TEAMSTERS.

I am proud to be both a teamster and a UPS driver.

squirlygirly

He works for the union done his driving years ago he is a BA who is actually retired but is still much needed therefore he is still there for us i beleive they are allowed to pay him so many hours being retired.

He plans on coming out of retirement soon to go back full time.

I listen to his stories and his knowledge you cant tell this guy a situation that he has not seen before. when we do start losing these TEAMSTERS we better hope that the people taking their place care as they did.

And i hope you all have BOB PICONE types in your local but it sounds like a lot of you dont, or you don't take the time to go to local meetings and pick the brains of the men and women who have fought for what we have over the years. these people want to teach us, they want to know that what they have done has not been for nothing.

Go to your locals if you can't make it every month ok but try to go to a couple a year and talk to them after the meeting tell them your personel situations at work. if they are anything like this man you will good advice that you should follow. jmo but i am so thankfull for Bob Picone, and he is not the only one at my local like this. i feel very fortunate knowing them and having them there for me after reading what some of you say about our union and bieng TEAMSTERS.

I am proud to be both a teamster and a UPS driver.

So in a nutshell, "They don't people like him anymore!" ~:->>>

P.S. I learned that after losing the older, elders in my life, so I mean that with the utmost respect.:salute: ~:->>>

705red

Browncafe Steward
This was handed out to the stewards during stewards training here. I have always kept a copy in my folder and read back through it during lunch almost monthly.

Thank god for teamsters brothers like Bob!

Others should take note! Yes this is meant for you ibt wanna be teamsters!

backinbrown

respect my authority
This was handed out to the stewards during stewards training here. I have always kept a copy in my folder and read back through it during lunch almost monthly.

Thank god for teamsters brothers like Bob!

Others should take note! Yes this is meant for you ibt wanna be teamsters!

we just had another retire few months back

who is same calibor of a teamster as bob he was with teamsters 40+ also i beleive.

These guys tell it like it is and enforce it. They really look out for us here in local 340

They are the reason i am so proud to be a teamster, and i pick their brains every meeting every month.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I use my break to check through all my packages on all my three cars. That's probably the best use for the 10 minute break other than actually sitting on your ass.

You should be doing this at the END of P-Load....I use to do the same thing as you, but got smart to the idea that I was killing MYSELF for THEM.

Its easier now to drop what I'm doing because all I do now is DCAP :) When the last bag is busted, its break time!