Working tomorrow????

Brownforall

Downtown Wash. DC: I saw 6 postal delivery trucks, 2 FedEx trucks and 4 UPS package cars. I had to mail a Next Day Air letter for local delivery to my old employer's office (I was laid off in Jan. and definitely need tracking on the letter). USPS couldn't guarantee morning delivery. FedEx was closing, plus would not guarantee next day delivery. 2 UPS stores were closed early, but the 3rd UPS store had a pick-up arriving shortly and took my letter for 10:30am delivery. This next storm doesn't start until Tuesday afternoon, so I'm hoping it gets delivered. But even if I was lied to by the UPS Store, at least I have a chance for tomorrow. I'm sorry that the roads are crappy and you guys have to go out there where possible, but Big Brown rocks! Even if it doesn't get delivered, at least there's more of a chance with UPS. Thank you!

Just_another_day_at_work

Updated forecast: They are now calling for 10-20 inches in the same time period. It just gets better and better :)
Yep. Honestly I don't think they should send us out at 20 inch on top of 30 on Wednesday. I finished my route but couldn't make all the splits. I am guessing I am not going to get my no OT request for Friday. :)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
America's Worst Winter Weather Cities

1. Cleveland
Average Annual Temperature: 49.6°friend
Average Precipitation: 38.7 inches
Average Snowfall: 58.9 inches

2. Boston
Average Annual Temperature: 51.6°friend
Average Precipitation: 42.5 inches
Average Snowfall: 43.2 inches

3. New York City
Average Annual Temperature: 54.6°friend
Average Precipitation: 49.7 inches
Average Snowfall: 28.9 inches

4. Milwaukee
Average Annual Temperature: 47.5°friend
Average Precipitation: 34.8 inches
Average Snowfall: 47.5 inches

5. Chicago
Average Annual Temperature: 49.1°friend
Average Precipitation: 36.2 inches
Average Snowfall: 38.2 inches

dcdriver

nations capital
Federal Gov't closed for the third day in a row. Half the routes in my center are gov't routes so it is starting to pileup in DC. On Monday is Presidents Day they are closed again. 12-20 more inches of snow tonight.

BURMDPsupe

Start building retain loads now and future all of the government stops and the school stops for a "future date" of Tuesday the 16th. I guess the DC building is going to try and "borrow" some package cars from Burtonsville...not likely!

M-

rod

Retired 22 years
Federal Gov't closed for the third day in a row. Half the routes in my center are gov't routes so it is starting to pileup in DC. On Monday is Presidents Day they are closed again. 12-20 more inches of snow tonight.

Think of the money being saved with all that govt stuff shut down. at least its nice to think that

satellitedriver

I guess the committee dealing with "Global Warming" will have to postpone their meetings until the summer thaw.:beach:
All kidding aside,
I can not imagine dealing with this kind of weather and being told to attempt delivery.
Do what ever it takes to come home safe and sound to your family.
My thoughts and prayers are with all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just got the word we are closed today. Instead of getting paid $30hour to not deliver packages, I have to stay home and shovel snow for free. Curses!

Brownforall

I'm glad you guys are home safe, although you should be paid for something beyond your control. The backload of packages must be filling up the joint - my next day air package included - bhut it's all right. No one is going anywhere today except the poor souls in fire,police or medical services. And the crazy media -who report the same thing over and over and over again. Watch the wind and snow blow from inside...

over9five

Staff member
10 am. Your storm has begun here in Mass. Why couldn't you have kept it there???

Thankfully, we won't get as much as you....8 - 12 I think. Heard several people talking about banging in today....

ups1990

I looked outside and glad that we are not working. Just like normal people. :)
UPS wants to be the first company working soon after a deadly firestorm(2003&2007) and probably now in your respective areas too. It wants to assure the public that all will be well and thus having UPS men and Women delivering packages is a sign of normalcy. Drivers here on the west will always remember working the day after the horrible fires and having to breath the toxic air while the public was told to stay indoors, yet UPS had ordinary folks working.