Workload question

Today I had 283, 265, 313, and 168. Four car pull cleaning up the split. Sometimes they're around 300 each. Usually Wednesday and Friday.

I used to do a 5 or 6 car pull, but that was really just retrieving what's on one side and loading it, moving over and repeat. It was the end of the belt so besides the occasional flyby, you know left side is gonna get xyz, right side abc. Overs and eregs just get moved to cones in the parking lot. So you've got all the room in the world to dance around the end rollers.

5 or 6 pull isn't common.. here, at least.

It's the biggest cake job in our center. We've got a 20 year part timer around my age and he pulls seniority to take it.. I don't blame him either sometimes it's just 1 or 2 cars and running support.

Last edited:
Edit: Actually a few times some people have been forced to run 6, but usually the first guy and last guy are working a lot of the first/last cars to take burden off of them.

john chesney

Go ahead keep it up you'll have 6 trucks then 7,8,9,10.Start stacking till your trapped in a massive pile that you can't even move.let them have to dig you out. This will solve your problem

Over disciplined0123

I'm on a 5 car pull between 1300-1700 pkgs per day, I am alone with no help, splitting and loading in a PDC. I do not have a supervisor, since apparently I don't get misloads they just don't come back there. What course of action should I take to have less of a workload or am I screwed and should work as directed.
Just remember this is UPS. I’m quite sure your doing a great job that being said if your wrapping up on time you will always have a 5 car pull imsuprised they didn’t give you 6 yet Why because your doing it and well I assume. The more you do the more you get. 30 year employee with 7 years as part time preload