Workplace violence tolerated by UPS?

Poop Head

Judge me.
But we don't even know the full story yet...

I mean op came to the net to cry about it, so we cant fully go on his side just yet.
Did you ever work part time? Somedays are a complete pissing contest because its a couple guy's time of the month.
Im sure OP is no mother Teresa, but if the guy came over and cocked back to sucker punch him, and then didnt, shows both a complete lack of control, and also no followthrough. A confused individual.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Did you ever work part time? Somedays are a complete pissing contest because its a couple guy's time of the month.
Im sure OP is no mother Teresa, but if the guy came over and cocked back to sucker punch him, and then didnt, shows both a complete lack of control, and also no followthrough. A confused individual.
I know what’s the guys relationship to the guy? Marriage is a possibility.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes.

And everyone is not built for it.

If it happened the way op says, im willing to bet it happens to him on a regular and this was just the most embarrassing day.

Thats why nothing happened as far as discipline.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I'm a 12 year PT employee. I had another hourly tell me as I was picking off that "he was going to friend* me up, ni***". I told him yea whatever.

He then ran up the belt and got within my face with a fist and pretended as he was going to hit me. I put my hands up and told him to calm down. He left.

It was witnessed by a PT supervisor and a shop steward. I also told a full time supervisor of the incident.

The following day I went to HR and they told me they would investigate the incident and to call the 1800 ethic hotline. I also reported it to the hotline.

This was 3.5 weeks ago. He's still employed with the company.

Saw a union rep last week and he was aware of the issue and was told he would bring it up in the meeting with the manager.

How is UPS tolerating this type of behavior and why does this employee still have a job?

If this were to happen to management the hourly would be walked of off the job on the same day.
Lmao!
OP is sleeping in the car tonight!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Heres the story. Two guys talking :censored2: to eachother while working. One guy got in the other guys face. Nobody got hurt. The end.

"Dude.... I was just working the pick-off.

My middle finger got caught on a pkg as I was trying to sort to his truck.

He was pissed about mis-sorts...."

Est.1998

It's been almost a month (3.5 weeks)...
Just seeing that guy every day, him laughing, eating honeybuns, NCNS every Friday and show up Monday like nothing happened, is steady breaking the OP down with each passing second.

🚚 ✊

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Ups is staring down the barrel of what many think will be a peak like 2013.
How it plays out is anyones guess. But im sure they are not looking to loose hands right now.
You just said the op was a pipsqueak and didn't want those hands...

Savage.

But seriously.

Even in the worse of centers, that would have been addressed if happened the way op claims.

Loss of bodies is less a lawsuit.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Absolutely
Take it to the parking lot after the sort goes down
1602721091260.gif

Judging by what the guy said, this is most likely him after the sort in the parking lot