Worthwhile giving 2 weeks notice?

They burned it, too.

Look I've learned my lesson. I won't make the same mistake and I advised OP to put in 2 weeks notice.

I'm out. Have fun being drones.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They burned it, too.

Look I've learned my lesson. I won't make the same mistake and I advised OP to put in 2 weeks notice.

This "drone" has 27 working days left before he begins a well deserved retirement.

Do me a favor-----please make sure to stand the fries up in the bag when you hand me my order at the Mickey D's drive thru.

UPS Preloader

I worked there 9 years and didn't give two weeks because I didn't think I'd ever return. Apparently that put me on the no hire list. They don't care about you or how long you worked for them. Just put in 2 weeks and avoid getting boned.

I’m pretty sure I’m already on the no hire list, so it won’t make a difference when I leave.

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Yes. A manager should be able to opt not to give a bad rehire code. Just because you didn't give "appropriate notice" (not required, btw), that shouldn't invalidate the work you put in there.
Not many jobs out there that you can just waltz right in and get hired on the spot. You’ll never know if you’re in an emergency and need immediate employment. Not giving proper notice here will bar from here forever

Over 70

When I quit, I put the ball in their court. I said if you can guarentee me 2 weeks straight of driving daily I'll give you two weeks, if not I start my new job Monday morning. It was a Friday and I was offered my new full time job that day and could start whenever.

I started my new job Monday morning. I wasn't going to sit around for 2 weeks calling each morning not knowing if I was driving for sure. I have a mortgage and family to take care of. I thought my offer was more than fair.

Last edited:

Box Ox

Sometimes it's a smaller world than people think. Don't always know who knows who through family/friends/business. UPS might not be able to affect you directly if you just up and leave. But a resulting rumor that you're a real :censored2: might still get out to people you never thought would hear about it.

Leave on good terms and don't burn bridges. That'll cost you far less than leaving the wrong way might.

This "drone" has 27 working days left before he begins a well deserved retirement.

Do me a favor-----please make sure to stand the fries up in the bag when you hand me my order at the Mickey D's drive thru.

Oh so you spent most of your life working for a company that barely cares about you. GOOD JOB. Let me guess, a driver? Yeah that's so much more skilled than a McDonald's employee. You must be great at driving around town. Its good youre getting out before machines took your job.

My grandpa was the head of a power company, my grandma was a nurse, my father served on nuclear submarines and is an electrician. They all had impressive careers. You're a glorified paper boy (which I did for 6 years. And that's every single day.) and a corporate drone.

Enjoy your retirement. When you're dead and nobody cares about you, I'll be making more money than you ever did.

Box Ox

I worked there 9 years and didn't give two weeks because I didn't think I'd ever return. Apparently that put me on the no hire list.

My grandpa was the head of a power company, my grandma was a nurse, my father served on nuclear submarines and is an electrician. They all had impressive careers.

When you're dead and nobody cares about you, I'll be making more money than you ever did.

So...always nice to hear about family members' careers. What's your money-making plan now that a return to UPS isn't in the cards?

proyer

UPS is not allowed to say anything beyond "rehire" or "not rehire" when potential employers call about former employees.

Are those terms "rehire/not rehire" applicable only to UPS in this case? Or are those answers given to the other employer to basically imply that "yes, you should hire this person" or "no, you shouldn't hire this person"?

Your such a tool, either do it or don’t.

If you are worried about a”potential” employer calling UPS, put your 2 weeks in and let the cards fall.

6 weeks is not a loyal employee and just because you passed the test doesn’t mean you automatically get the promotion.

UPS is very frustrating job, as soon as I got my Graduate degree I got the hell out of UPS. I would advise giving your two week notice. My direct supervisors were shocked I made it my last two weeks without walking out. And quite frankly I used the UPS tuition reimbursement and there was an issue after I had left UPS. I sent an email to HR and stated the fact I stayed my last two weeks and did not leave and left on good terms. HR went to bat for me and straightened the issue out and I got my money despite the fact I was no longer a UPS employee. I don't miss UPS but I do miss my UPS coworkers, treat your coworkers with respect and finish strong.

Whitelexus

Wow! Way to ask for advice and then insult the people trying to help! With an attitude like that, you’re gonna need all the luck you can get! In the immortal words of Brian Regan, “take Luck!”