Would you be afraid of this spider?

Would you be afraid of this spider

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not really fond of spiders but I don't "scream like a seven year old girl" if I see one either. Snakes don't bother me at all--probably because Minnesota has only one little tiny corner of the state down in the very south east section where they have a few timber rattlers. Other that that there are NO poisonous snakes in Mn. If you want to see snakes just visit a cemetery on a warm day. I see a couple dozen of them most every time I mow---and I don't run over them. If it wasn't for snakes you would be up to your armpits in mice. We have lots of garden snakes and bull snakes also known as blow snakes. The bull snakes look just like a cobra when they are on the defense. They coil up, stand up and make a loud hissing noise. They also have a head that flares out like a cobras and can really get your attention. I had a baby bull snake about 6 inches long one time go into his cobra routine---it was quite comical. The big ones can make your heart skip a beat.

rod

Retired 22 years
Update:

What I've always been told was a bull/blow snake is actually a hognose snake. Live and learn

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
upload_2016-10-9_19-23-20.png
Fear this one.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U guys n gals forgetting to vote?

Yup for me...

I had the following crawling around a customer's doorbell:

daddy_long_leg_spider_harvestman_picture_1.JPG

I drop the box on the porch n ran, while giving a faint scream...

However, if the spider looks like this:

Spider-Man-033Pyxurz-e1455230292585.jpg

I may want it to bite me

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
U guys n gals forgetting to vote?

Yup for me...

I had the following crawling around a customer's doorbell:

daddy_long_leg_spider_harvestman_picture_1.JPG

I drop the box on the porch n ran, while giving a faint scream...

Wimp.

We call them daddy long legs around here.

Con: The deadliest venom of any spider.

Pro: They can't open their fangs far enough to break you skin.

Fun fact: If you carefully grab them by two legs, it kind of paralyzes them.

Keenj

Have a pet Chilean Rose Tarantula. Was thinking of getting a Goliath Bird Eater but was told they're pretty aggressive.