Would you be willing to donate any money Brown cafe going?

Would you invest in the future of Brown Cafe?

• Total voters

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'll just leave.
I'm sure that make many people happy
EC5BE147-D208-48C3-8CFD-9A780566E1EA.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Are you willing to kick 20 bucks up to keep this place going?
Here's where I stand on that. As an example we have a local building structure that is classified as "unsafe to occupy" so the local goody goodies want to collect donations to save it. The bid to revamp it came in at 3 MILLION dollars. For 3 years now the Save The Building Committee has held raffles, garage sales, sold buttons and pestered every business in town for donations. Last I heard the total collected so far is like $300,000-- a tenth of what is needed. They have 2 more years to raise $2,700,000 and then the the structure has to be leveled. Everyone has been asking what will happen to the 300+ thousand dollars if their goal isn't met. I picture a lot of people bent out of shape if it is given to other causes that maybe people don't agree with. Until I see an EXACT , certified, notarized copy of what it will take to save this site I will not be opening my wallet up. There are just too many "IF"s" unanswered.

UnionStrong

Here's where I stand on that. As an example we have a local building structure that is classified as "unsafe to occupy" so the local goody goodies want to collect donations to save it. The bid to revamp it came in at 3 MILLION dollars. For 3 years now the Save The Building Committee has held raffles, garage sales, sold buttons and pestered every business in town for donations. Last I heard the total collected so far is like $300,000-- a tenth of what is needed. They have 2 more years to raise $2,700,000 and then the the structure has to be leveled. Everyone has been asking what will happen to the 300+ thousand dollars if their goal isn't met. I picture a lot of people bent out of shape if it is given to other causes that maybe people don't agree with. Until I see an EXACT , certified, notarized copy of what it will take to save this site I will not be opening my wallet up. There are just too many "IF"s" unanswered.
It doesn’t entail that kind of money. You can’t afford $5 a month?

rod

Retired 22 years
It doesn’t entail that kind of money. You can’t afford $5 a month?
I could afford MORE than that but I still haven't seen any numbers on what it actually costs to run this site---or who would run it and for how long before its passed on again? TOO MANY IF"s. Right now you are asking people to send money to a non existing place with no hard information given out. You may as well send your money to a Nigerian Prince (Rod don't play those games).

UnionStrong

I could afford MORE than that but I still haven't seen any numbers on what it actually costs to run this site---or who would run it and for how long before its passed on again? TOO MANY IF"s. Right now you are asking people to send money to a non existing place with no hard information given out. You may as well send your money to a Nigerian Prince (Rod don't play those games).
Ok we’ll run some numbers for you, Mr President.