Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Border line illegal. I just had to day border and illegal in the same sentence.
For sure. I am sure Wall Street would love to hear about it.

If it was a wide spread concerted effort to cook the books you can bet lots would be interested in that info

Oak

For sure. I am sure Wall Street would love to hear about it.

If it was a wide spread concerted effort to cook the books you can bet lots would be interested in that info
Four posters in this thread, in less than 2.5 hours. On a Thursday morning, when most people haven't even looked at their pay stub.

I have asked one other that doesn't visit here. Yeah, he was shorted too.

Brownslave688

Four posters in this thread, in less than 2.5 hours. On a Thursday morning, when most people haven't even looked at their pay stub.

I have asked one other that doesn't visit here. Yeah, he was shorted too.

Totally agree. Looks pretty damning

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Local 728 already on this. Apparently they are cutting checks now to be sent out for tomorrow morning deliveries. Down here we all got shorted double time, paid straight time for hours worked NYE. BA has already filed a grievance on behalf of all local 728 members, so save a tree.

Delivery!!!

Saw this coming this year. I believe the contract says required to work a holiday gets you the double time here in the central. They asked for volunteers at my center and guys signed up assuming double time. I stayed home and enjoyed 4 days off.

Brownslave688

Saw this coming this year. I believe the contract says required to work a holiday gets you the double time here in the central. They asked for volunteers at my center and guys signed up assuming double time. I stayed home and enjoyed 4 days off.
We’ve always gotten double time volunteer or not and I’m in the central.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They have no coding in place to indicate who was forced and who wasn’t, been like your experience in the Southern as well.

I can guarantee that if they did have a way to distinguish between the two, they wouldn’t need it, no one would volunteer and they are back at square one.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Waaah! My pay was shorted...

giphy-1.gif

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Double time whether you volunteer or get forced.

Not always.

It used to be that if you volunteered, it was straight time.

If you were forced, it was double time.

The Company had always taken the position that the contract said "required" to work, and volunteers were not required, hence straight time.

@BigUnionGuy can probably tell you the year that a decision changed that practice, and made it double time for volunteers also.

ARTICLE 15-HOLIDAYS

Section 4

Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, regular seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays shall receive double his/her regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of eight (8) hours for full-time employees and four (4) hours for part-time employees. Also, no employee shall be required to work on Labor Day unless authorized by the local union.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I also believe that when we first started delivering air on Holidays, the Company tried to take the position that any package driver working would be covered under Article 40 and be classified as an air driver that day at straight time.