WOW STOCK MARKET , THANKS PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You also have to remember when it comes to the national debt , it's just paper because alot of the money owed is to China and the way they are going with their rhetoric they will never see that money , might as well just erase that debt and interest rates are so low we are paying next to nothing !!! Sorry China
Kind of makes one hesitate to get into a war when the other side owes you big.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
View attachment 307350

This graph is on the Macrotrends website. Here's the link:

<a href='S&P 500 Index - 90 Year Historical Chart'>Macrotrends</a>
A great example of lying with numbers.

Here is Trump's projection using the same lie as used to lie about Obama.

1598494069000.png

The big package

That's a brilliant idea. I'm no economist but I would expect our dollar would plummet, interest rates would surge, US and world financial markets would crash and nobody would ever buy our debt again.

Chump is probably stupid enough to try it.
Trump doesn't have to do anything , it will just take care of itself , China is in charge of it's own destiny . They're headed for self destruction !!!

The big package

did i choose the world? did i choose to be my race or if i was born rich or poor? did i choose to be born here?
Did you choose the world ,No . But That's the beautiful thing about America , Regardless of your race or how you were born the opportunities are there , it's up to you . And if you don't like it , there's an airplane that will take you anywhere you want to go !!!

The big package

That's a brilliant idea. I'm no economist but I would expect our dollar would plummet, interest rates would surge, US and world financial markets would crash and nobody would ever buy our debt again.

Chump is probably stupid enough to try it.
And remember this , President Trump is way smarter than you , Genius !!!!

Method Mensch

A great example of lying with numbers.

Here is Trump's projection using the same lie as used to lie about Obama.

View attachment 307381
That is a pretty picture. I appreciate the artistic embellishment ( and also appreciate the valuable point you're making). As one of the fortunate minority of Americans who, God willing, will retire comfortably if the market just does as well in future as it has done in the past, your rendering is a wet dream. Unfortunately, the reality is that the market is currently littered with zombie companies propped up with helicopter money from the Fed and the Treasury. Banks are counting the multitude of loans in forbearance as "active", thus, not writing them down and effecting their stock prices. Commercial landlords are going bankrupt left and right. 2/3rds of the economy is consumers spending their money and we're looking at somewhere between 20% and 30% unemployment numbers. New automobile sales numbers down 30% . The formerly "hot" real estate markets are getting clobbered.

I'll never bet against United States economy in the long run. That being said, for the principles of the stock market as they have been since the early 1900s to be maintained, we'll see some pain before we return to the long term gains the market will no doubt return to. But hey, what do I know? That's my 2 cents'. Take it for what it's worth.

rickyb

That is a pretty picture. I appreciate the artistic embellishment ( and also appreciate the valuable point you're making). As one of the fortunate minority of Americans who, God willing, will retire comfortably if the market just does as well in future as it has done in the past, your rendering is a wet dream. Unfortunately, the reality is that the market is currently littered with zombie companies propped up with helicopter money from the Fed and the Treasury. Banks are counting the multitude of loans in forbearance as "active", thus, not writing them down and effecting their stock prices. Commercial landlords are going bankrupt left and right. 2/3rds of the economy is consumers spending their money and we're looking at somewhere between 20% and 30% unemployment numbers. New automobile sales numbers down 30% . The formerly "hot" real estate markets are getting clobbered.

I'll never bet against United States economy in the long run. That being said, for the principles of the stock market as they have been since the early 1900s to be maintained, we'll see some pain before we return to the long term gains the market will no doubt return to. But hey, what do I know? That's my 2 cents'. Take it for what it's worth.

Michael Hudson: [00:07:25] Sure they have a balance sheet. The question is, what is a balance sheet? You have assets on the left-hand side and liabilities and net worth on the right-hand side. The Federal Reserve can create a credit / deposit, just like a bank does. If you go to a bank and want to borrow money, the bank will create an account for you just on the computer. “Here’s $100,000 we’re putting in your checking account. Go buy a house or do anything.” In exchange, the bank has an asset, a claim on you for repayment with interest. Well, the Federal Reserve also can do anything on its balance sheet. It can tell corporations and the banks, “We’re the Statue of Liberty: Give us your poor junk loans, give us your bad debts, give us all of the junk, and we will create a deposit – 100 cents on the dollar for it – and we will pick up all of your bad loans. And we know that the loans can’t be paid, because the economy can’t pay.”
On the asset side of the balance sheet, we’ll say we have the claim against you. And we will then give you the money for it. And we will try to make sure that we don’t have to lose money on these assets that we’ve let you pledge to us, because we’re going to keep bidding up the market higher and higher. We can do that not only by buying stocks, junk bonds and packaged mortgages, but we can do financial tricks.

You mentioned Paul Craig Roberts before, former Undersecretary of the Treasury for International Affairs. He told me that what the Federal Reserve is doing these days is manipulating the forward market. It will go into Wall Street and it will say, “We promise to buy the Dow Jones average at 50 points higher than it is today, next week.” Well, once it makes a promise to buy, the speculators will see that and they will begin to bid up the prices to what the Federal Reserve promises to pay for the stocks. It can keep doing that, week after week and month after month and it can keep pushing up the stock market. That’s how it pushes up the bond market by promising to buy bonds at a higher and higher price. That means that an existing bond will yield less interest income. They can just continue to inflate the economy with credit, like a Ponzi scheme.

So the Federal Reserve is the official Ponzi scheme that keeps finance capitalism operating in the United States. Obviously, at some point every exponential growth scheme has to stop, because otherwise you’d have an infinite amount of debt. So at a certain point, the Fed will sit down with the main Wall Street firms and the main billionaires that are behind these firms, and say, “Well, you know, the game is over. We’ve got to let it go.” These investors will say, “OK, we’ll take the money and run.” That’s what a lot are all doing already. “We’re going to buy gold. We’re going to buy real estate in New Zealand, so we have somewhere to run to when the economy collapses.” They’re just going to drop everything, sell out and there will be a crash with the pension funds and the small savers who aren’t in on the game, losing whatever they have.

Method Mensch

Michael Hudson: [00:07:25] Sure they have a balance sheet. The question is, what is a balance sheet? You have assets on the left-hand side and liabilities and net worth on the right-hand side. The Federal Reserve can create a credit / deposit, just like a bank does. If you go to a bank and want to borrow money, the bank will create an account for you just on the computer. “Here’s $100,000 we’re putting in your checking account. Go buy a house or do anything.” In exchange, the bank has an asset, a claim on you for repayment with interest. Well, the Federal Reserve also can do anything on its balance sheet. It can tell corporations and the banks, “We’re the Statue of Liberty: Give us your poor junk loans, give us your bad debts, give us all of the junk, and we will create a deposit – 100 cents on the dollar for it – and we will pick up all of your bad loans. And we know that the loans can’t be paid, because the economy can’t pay.”
On the asset side of the balance sheet, we’ll say we have the claim against you. And we will then give you the money for it. And we will try to make sure that we don’t have to lose money on these assets that we’ve let you pledge to us, because we’re going to keep bidding up the market higher and higher. We can do that not only by buying stocks, junk bonds and packaged mortgages, but we can do financial tricks.

You mentioned Paul Craig Roberts before, former Undersecretary of the Treasury for International Affairs. He told me that what the Federal Reserve is doing these days is manipulating the forward market. It will go into Wall Street and it will say, “We promise to buy the Dow Jones average at 50 points higher than it is today, next week.” Well, once it makes a promise to buy, the speculators will see that and they will begin to bid up the prices to what the Federal Reserve promises to pay for the stocks. It can keep doing that, week after week and month after month and it can keep pushing up the stock market. That’s how it pushes up the bond market by promising to buy bonds at a higher and higher price. That means that an existing bond will yield less interest income. They can just continue to inflate the economy with credit, like a Ponzi scheme.

So the Federal Reserve is the official Ponzi scheme that keeps finance capitalism operating in the United States. Obviously, at some point every exponential growth scheme has to stop, because otherwise you’d have an infinite amount of debt. So at a certain point, the Fed will sit down with the main Wall Street firms and the main billionaires that are behind these firms, and say, “Well, you know, the game is over. We’ve got to let it go.” These investors will say, “OK, we’ll take the money and run.” That’s what a lot are all doing already. “We’re going to buy gold. We’re going to buy real estate in New Zealand, so we have somewhere to run to when the economy collapses.” They’re just going to drop everything, sell out and there will be a crash with the pension funds and the small savers who aren’t in on the game, losing whatever they have.

A day of reckoning. Chickens coming home to roost. It's coming, but when? What will it look like? That's the trillion dollar question.

rickyb

A day of reckoning. Chickens coming home to roost. It's coming, but when? What will it look like? That's the trillion dollar question.
im doing school and hopefully i can pick and choose what country i live in after that. i tried getting my dual citizenship. people need to smarten up and rebel now so they have choice in the future.

rickyb

The solution is simple November 3rd just do the smart
thing , Vote for President Trump sit back watch your portfolio go through the roof and the pension strengthen watch the economy fly like it did before retire early , have a strong military and police dept , and enjoy life !!! Maybe buy yourself a Porsche because if this market keeps going , I might buy one !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
u r celebrating fraud

Method Mensch

im doing school and hopefully i can pick and choose what country i live in after that. i tried getting my dual citizenship. people need to smarten up and rebel now so they have choice in the future.
I applaud you for pursuing an education, Rickyb. To keep things in perspective, I want to be clear that I was talking about a stock market correction, not some kind of nutjob nationwide rebellion. No need to flee the country because of a stock market correction. Easy, tiger.

rickyb

I applaud you for pursuing an education, Rickyb. To keep things in perspective, I want to be clear that I was talking about a stock market correction, not some kind of nutjob nationwide rebellion. No need to flee the country because of a stock market correction. Easy, tiger.
i was talking about the fed's corporate welfare and dedollarization. its gonna be a depression worse than this.