Write up

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
That is not part of the pretrip.

I've been out of PC for 5 years. I've never heard of a PC pre-trip NOT including checking the oil. Either your area is different, or they just changed it. It is completely out of the mentality of management to leave an opening for an engine failure that could be pinned on the driver. Hence, requiring the driver to keep track of the oil level.

Maybe it's just different in your area. But in my 26 years of driving, between PC and feeders, I've ALWAYS been responsible for checking all of the fluids in my vehicles.

By The Book

I've been out of PC for 5 years. I've never heard of a PC pre-trip NOT including checking the oil. Either your area is different, or they just changed it. It is completely out of the mentality of management to leave an opening for an engine failure that could be pinned on the driver. Hence, requiring the driver to keep track of the oil level.

Maybe it's just different in your area. But in my 26 years of driving, between PC and feeders, I've ALWAYS been responsible for checking all of the fluids in my vehicles.
But mine runs on propane....

wayfair

swollen member
That is not part of the pretrip.

340 Methods
-
Delivery & Pickup
Issued
:
11/11/05
Revised:
7/
/
Page
of
Section
Inside AM

Pretrip
Methods
This information reflects the
vehicle
pretrip procedure, and other activities at the car, in a
typical facility. Variations in local conditions may require some
Service Provider
s
to
drive
their
cars out of the building before
the pretrip is completed. In those situations, some of the steps
will be rearranged. However, no steps should be eliminated. After completing the routine
several times, it will become a habit you can perform automatically.
I.
Outside the
v
ehicle
A.
Look friend
or water, fuel, or oil leaks as you approach the car.
B.
Check the car for dents and scratches throughout your inspection.
C.
Check the oil and water levels if it
is
your responsibility

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't know why but. Something about it is embarrassing . I am struggling to be in the "brown band" I do at every stop but to beep at every pedestrian and car near me.. Aghhh it's rough . I was never a beeper . I was a anti beeper . When I beep now I wave. I'm trying to beep and not wave lol And they are little love taps
I was the same way until I realized it did draw attention to the package car and I'd rather have that than get in an accident.

rod

Retired 22 years
For years I added 1 or 2 quarts of oil a day to the POS P-800 I had. It was always good for at least 10 extra minutes pre-trip time by the time I walked to the mechanics bay, got the oil, walked back to my truck, added oil, re-checked oil level, walked back to return mechanics oil container and return to truck.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Car wash checks oil, af, ws fluid and fuel here.

I only checked maybe 3 or 4 times my whole career. I even had an oil pump fail on a new PC and got towed and it was still never an issue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For years I added 1 or 2 quarts of oil a day to the POS P-800 I had. It was always good for at least 10 extra minutes pre-trip time by the time I walked to the mechanics bay, got the oil, walked back to my truck, added oil, re-checked oil level, walked back to return mechanics oil container and return to truck.

You are why unions have a bad name.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had he not added oil daily, the engine would have failed if he hadn't. Are you sure you aren't a sup? I mean, your miserable like mine are. Why do you care about the opinion of unions? You're a just a scab.

I drive by the Verizon picket line at least twice a day. There is very little public support for their strike. I have little sympathy for their cause and really wish they would just go back to work.

We have a 22.3 who takes care of all of that stuff for us. I would be hard pressed to find the oil dipstick without help.

BrownThunder

we were never trained to check the oil level at integrad or in the hub. the closest we come to lifting the hood is checking the straps to make sure theyre secured.

glad i read this thread, lately i have also been a little rushy with my pretrips to beat the stampede from the hub.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have a 22.3 who takes care of all of that stuff for us. I would be hard pressed to find the oil dipstick without help.

So...then by your logic, is this 22.3 a "milker"?

....or is this 22.3 just doing their job as assigned, like rod?

I drive by the Verizon picket line at least twice a day. There is very little public support for their strike. I have little sympathy for their cause and really wish they would just go back to work.

You know nothing of their "cause", because you are SCAB-minded.
You were handed a union job, off the street, that most of us earned as part of the very "cause" you have "little sympathy for".

12799015_10206228343729100_1835395329519347486_n.jpg

Jack London wrote of you over a hundred years ago.
We have what we have, you have what you have, due to similar collective actions that the Verizon employees are exhibiting now.
You have never done anything as a Teamster for anybody but yourself, making you a SCAB.
So, why don't you retire and take the advice you have given many other retired people of this community, and just go away.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years

At what age did you discover you didn't need a Man Card?