Written Up...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BiggieBrown, Oct 9, 2018.

1. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown New Member

Just got written up tonight on sort.

I had a list of trucks we were supposed to wash and the ones on the list weren't in yet so I walked to the wash bay and started talking with two other part-timers about what we should do.

15 seconds later the full time driver manager comes around the corner out of no where and out of uniform and starts screaming at us about why we are standing around.

One of the other guys tries to tell him and he gets screamed at too.

When I go to clock out the PT sup pulls me aside and shows me this write up sheet and tells me that I got written up for this. This really makes me :censored2: off because I am constantly working up there and I even have been doing doubles the past few weeks to help them out.
    Every night I'm juggling like 5 different things at once and running around constantly and I stop to figure something out work-related for 15 seconds and get written up.

The PT sup told me to not sign it but I'm still :censored2: that's in my record now.

The people he wrote up was completely random anyways, he wrote me and another guy who were talking, then wrote up the guy who talked back to him who wasn't even standing over there, then didn't write the new girl on probation up who was standing with us. Makes no sense.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown New Member

Oh and the FT sup came up to me later and told me that I could be fired for "stealing time." and that this will be in my permanent record. Then he tried to act like my friend saying I could be a driver some day.
    WTF??
    It felt like some weird manipulation thing I'm not even here to be a driver.
    I know one thing I'm not coming in to help that :censored2: on preload anymore.
    If that's all it takes to be written up then I have to walk through the door as little as possible every time I show up it's one wrong move and I'm fired apparently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Couple questions.

Was a shop steward present?
    Did you sign the write up?
    Do you know what local you are in?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown New Member

No I don't even know who the shop steward is. I know it's one of the drivers but the drivers were gone at that point.
    I didn't touch the write up my PT sup wrote RTS on it.
    And I don't know the local number but we're in Oklahoma if that tells you anything.
    It's just discouraging to be treated like this to work hard every day and try to do a good job and then be written up for something that clearly does not deserve this kind of response.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Find out what local you are. Ask for the phone number and if they don't have the number Google your local for it.

Ask to talk to the buisness agent (BA) for UPS. Inform him that you were written up with out a shop steward present and a PT sup signed RTS for you. Tell him you want to grieve the warning letter but don't know how.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

He probably had a warning letter quota to meet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I heard that the one guy got wet from the car wash. Then you were like like, hey you catch a cold in those wet cloths so you better take them off....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Knothead

Knothead Yep.

You think that's bad? Wait till you get a wife.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Toe to Toes

#truth

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. eats packages

eats packages Crushing It

If it's not a warning letter than it is not your problem.

But since you think it is. a harrasment greviance is the way to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

In the future, find your immediate supervisor if faced with this situation again.

Talking about it with other PT carwashers isnt wrong, but it's certainly bad optics to management.

And file a harassment grievance.

And for Christ sake, find out what your local is and who your steward is. Thats bad optics to just about everyone here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

Have you joined the union?

13. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

Hes probably not a pirate. Thats why he doesn’t know who his steward is.

14. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

I've said it before, at some point no matter how hard you work and no matter what you do for ups, you will learn that they just don't care. It was your day

15. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Tell the PT supervisor to get :censored2:ed by filing a harassment grievance. Management will always try to create a paper trail on you in case they want to try and give you the boot later. You also need to have a paper trail on them that serves as a record that they've been a problem all along.

Don't be a soft target for management. They need to know that they'll have to put in some real work if they want to try and unjustly come after you. And that it could be risky for them to do so.

16. ski or die

ski or die Ski or Die

If a supervisor attempts to talk to you about any kind of disciplinary action, request a union steward immediately (if you are in the union). He has to immediately stop talking about any action they are considering. If he refuses to provide a steward. Find your steward and file a grievance that supervisor failed to provide one as requested. Also, discuss with your fellow employees which steward is honest and request him or her. There are some that are in the companies pocket for their own gain and will send you down the river. Usually management will try to obtain the steward they know will help them. Also, keep notes and times of everything that was said. Management has a way of not having an honest memory at the hearings.

17. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

File on Article 37 for harassment.

18. NuclearTaco88

NuclearTaco88 New Member

I have 3 write ups on me over various things, mostly cause I’m an :censored2:. Honestly, if you’re not willing to grieve him. Suck it up, it means nothing at the end of the day really.

19. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

next time go take a poop while you wait

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Mr.Blonde

Mr.Blonde Member

My boss makes a dollar I make a dime, thats why i poop on company time.