Writting Grievance for doing things your not willing to do????

steward71

blah blah..so time has passed by and i decided to put everyone in their place... talk about the contact and honor it? you can shove that contract up yours..the union workers are a joke and let me rephrase that... some union workers that is... all they really do is use the contract as a way to sit on their lazy behinds trying to find every excuse not to do any work... is it fair that you are hold to no standards just because a book doesnt speak such "language" how many of you really thought about that bull crap when you was sitting in front of a manager or hr trying to get HIRED? yea i bet you said and agreed to everything that was told to you... but now you feel ups owes you something? always remember UPS does not work for you... YOU work for UPS.. and im going to leave it at..

hey blow hole UPS agreed to the language and bull crap you speak of. and yes 18 years ago i did read the agreement before i was hired because i look into a job before making the right move for me. yep i took the job just so i could make your job a battle hell everyday for super sups like yourself. god what fun it has been to make you blow holes pop your top in front of everyone.

jace1319

lol ... this is really hilarious.. so exactly how would you make my job a living hell .. by doing what exactly? theres nothing that you can do to make me step out of line.. lets think about .. viewing it from your perspective.. assuming that you might be a sorter or loader whatever the case is. slowing down bringing your pph below the average will only raise some questions.. Are you purposely trying to sabotage the work area? Ground for discipline. Slowing down for retaliation? another discipline. If you need more training.. then ill be glad to be in those loads with you alll day long and the next day and the following day and the week after untill you decide you want live up to your obligation which is getting a fair days pay for that fair days work. if you can not maintain company standards then you will be re-assignment to a position that is more suitable =]. I mean god theres so many things to think of that i Can flip your table around. believe none of your buddies will be there when its me.. the steward and yourself.

gostillerz

lol ... this is really hilarious.. so exactly how would you make my job a living hell .. by doing what exactly? theres nothing that you can do to make me step out of line.. lets think about .. viewing it from your perspective.. assuming that you might be a sorter or loader whatever the case is. slowing down bringing your pph below the average will only raise some questions.. Are you purposely trying to sabotage the work area? Ground for discipline. Slowing down for retaliation? another discipline. If you need more training.. then ill be glad to be in those loads with you alll day long and the next day and the following day and the week after untill you decide you want live up to your obligation which is getting a fair days pay for that fair days work. if you can not maintain company standards then you will be re-assignment to a position that is more suitable =]. I mean god theres so many things to think of that i Can flip your table around. believe none of your buddies will be there when its me.. the steward and yourself.

You remind me of a local sort sup we had that transferred from a hub.

We got called in 2 hours early because we got a shipment of 1000, 50-70lb boxes. When I got there, we were "directed" to load said boxes nose to tail, floor to ceiling. I told him we need to load the sides up first, or the trailer will tip. He said "those trailers are heavy, you'll be fine". Working as directed, we start loading, and the nose of the trailer tips with one guy in it, and another jumping out about right before the tail end would've crushed him against the roof of the dock. After the "you guys okay?", we switch to the next trailer until the wrecker comes.

This tow truck guy tries to jack it up from the left side. We get out and watch with the on-car sups . This punk kid of a sup threatened to write us up because we refused to keep loading while the other one was being lifted (they're 5ft apart. If that trailer tips, it's knocking the other one over). We basically told him to friend* off. He started to actually cry to the secretary because we weren't giving him the respect that he deserved. He was gone by the end of the week, and probably promoted to center manager somewhere.

Ease up on the power trip Sparky.

Slightly off topic, but the job pays $8.50/hr, and now the benefits are delayed. Gas stations here pay more. Are you really expecting quality employees?

upsset

jace1319, listen to the way people talk to you on here. Let it make you mad. Take it back to whatever operation you are from and release that anger on your employees. You will find out over time that the people on BC are full of BS. Each and every one of them answer to a management person and they aren't as cocky as they are on here. Like the guy named crowbar that claims he got $8000 in grievance pay.. It is not true... A make believe story. Don't go to blows on here, it's not worth it.... As far as people filing grievances on you. You need to take control of your situation. The next person that files a grievance on you, needs to be OJS, from the time they start until the time they leave... Everyday... I bet you will find them doing enough wrong to face discipline... Make it not in someone's best interest to file grievances.... Your job requires you to do many things that could get under someone's skin... SO get under peoples skin...

UPSSOCKS you are full of BROWN STUFF!! Retalliating for a properly filed grievance over supervisors working is harassment and intimidated and will draw even more grievances for that supervisor.

hembone

These two are not worth arguing with. It would help both of them to spend more time reading the contract and less time on Browncafe.

jace1319

UPSSOCKS you are full of BROWN STUFF!! Retalliating for a properly filed grievance over supervisors working is harassment and intimidated and will draw even more grievances for that supervisor.

and just how exactly would you claim a harassment case? whats your proof? so let me get it straight. you guys have a problem when we do your job.. but also have a problem when we do our job? really? here's 2 word for you .. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and believe me.. those harassment cases goes out the window.. i got sat down more then a few times for those.. and guess what im still here. calling shop stewards left and right it got to the point where the steward didnt want to represent the union member smh. so guess what goes in their record... discipline for such and such steward fail to represent employee. done deal.. being lazy and hiding being grievances and harassment wont go that far. Truth of the matter is..i would take your job before you take mines. p.s corporate complains out the window as well..

union4life

In my hub we have non-sanctioned BBQs on UPS property with management and hourlies side-by-side hanging out. This is the UPS that I knew and admired, where we are a family. Whatever happened to that UPS?
That company went "public".

To sum it up in one word.......loyalty.

Our current CEO and management have no loyalty to the people who built this company and the people keeping it afloat.

When contracts are negotiated and ratified the company agrees that it can be "profitable" despite the language in the contract. They are resposible for making it work. After years of not be able to manage the company the union is blamed.

It seems as though corporate greed hides behind the contract language as well. Only, they use it to hide their ineffective skills in guiding a company.

Anti-union people will say the employee hides behind the contract language. The contract language is a shield. A shield is protection against any threat. That threat includes poor management.

Scott Davis hasn't invented anyting new. Simply do more work with less employees. Brilliant! No wonder he got such a big raise.

"Get the big picture"....a mantra of the company forever...is applicable to every situation. I see a "big picture". I see a "mining" operation happening. Everyone, management and union alike are stripping the company clean. Good thing we got in early on this MLM scam called UPS. I doubt there will be much worth having in the future.

Yesterday, I was called into a meeting with other employees. The BM wanted to discuss the massive outbreak of injuries and accidents in the center. We were handed a packet which included our history. He went on to comment about how he didn't get a raise and UPS didn't match his 401K. To me the implication was clear. Despite the tremendous quarterly earnings UPS keeps posting, the employees are still to blame for the company turning it's back on him.

Greed......the ultimate human cancer.