Writting Grievance for doing things your not willing to do????

jace1319

No, hourly employees are not required to notify supervisor for bathroom/water breaks. I don't know where you got a crazy idea like that. Many times supervisors are not close at hand and if you need to go you need to go same for water.

Also stealing time means falsifying your time card.

so then how would i know if an employee is walking off the job? and stealing time. is hanging out while the work piles up =]

jace1319

no. that isn't stealing time. the contract between ups and the teamsters do not recognize production.

ok so i suggest everyone not to work then.. just stand there talk and eat. and walk away when ever you feel like it...and myabe move 1 package every 5 mins? thats what the contract supports right? smh idiot!

hypocrisy

Banned
Would you say texting on your cellphone is stealing time?
How about standing there obviously ogling the female of the species?
What about going to the guardshack to get a pizza delivery for yourself?
Leaving during the sort in your personal car to get Subway?
Taking regular smoke breaks?
Standing outside the building having an extended conversation with a coworker?
Looking at websites and personal email on Company computers?
Leaving the sort to knock out a quick game of 1 on 1 basketball?
Standing under a belt to look up a coworkers short shorts and "rub one out" during the sort?
Visiting with the shop mechanics even though you are in the hub?
Walking around the yard, far from your belt?

jace1319

wouldnt u think so???? do i really have to go down into details defining what the word WORK means? but thats ok after they have these new sorting machines.. the jobs will reduce by half. dont let it be to late to appreciate what you have.

hypocrisy

Banned
Apparently UPS management doesn't think so, since those are all behaviors I personally witness p/t and friend/t management employees doing on a nightly basis (with the exception of the self-pleasurer thank god).

I bet if we added up all the time you and the other Management people spend on BC during working hours it would be 10x what your p/t-ers are "stealing" Jace.

Not even 1/3 of the hub jobs are sort positions, and you should appreciate what you have too because less workers=less supervisors....or didn't you think of that?

Toshiro Hitsugaya

You know it is a shame, you can basically tell who are all full-time hourlies in this thread and who is not. And this is where I am gonna get the flack, but I do not care bring it. It is full-time hourlies like the ones in this thread bragging about how they do nothing and still get paid $$$, that gives unions a bigger blemish then what it already has. And we wonder why the Big 3 so-called American Automakers had to get Federal bailouts and basically 2/3 of the "American" vehicles are actually produced elsewhere, and the ones that are produce here are contains 90% materials and parts assembled out of the country. I hate to break it to you, but my Tundra Double Cab and Corolla S is more American than your Fusion, Impala, and Cadillac CTS w/its Peogout transmission. Next time you drive your Ford or Chevy hybrid you can thank Toyota for leasing the tech, parts and the system to them.

Jace there is no point getting into a pissing match to see who is bigger, if they fail to comply with instructions simply put it in their PTRS, notify your FT Lead, if you see it continues bring the shop steward into it.

You made the jump from hourly to management for a reason you felt was best for you, your in school, have a brand-spanking new daughter (congrats) and the money is not cutting it, so it is either find another job that pays better, but sucks in benefits, work to jobs while going to school and caring for your daughter or make jump to management.

One thing I have learned and this goes for UPS as well as outside, your are gonna get jackasses and jerks that you are either gonna be in charge of, work beside, or work above you, you are not gonna earn their respect if you are not giving it. At the same time there are those who could care less and giving a flying cluck. But to get your guys to work for you, especially in UPS you have to but your foot down, but at the same time treat them respectfully, even if they do not deserve it. Somebody said earlier to bring that trouble person back into the fold, honestly, that has been some of the best advice I have seen in all 11 pages. And just remember no matter if you work 2hours or the full 5 1/2 you still get bad for 5 1/2. So while you got the leeches of society just leeching off of UPS and the union remember you have a beautiful daughter and degree waiting for you.

To all the peacocks that have posted in this thread how I will eat you alive and I am making more than you, it is a shame and you should be ashamed of yourselves, who cares how much you make, the guy came on here to vent a little anger frustration and seek advice, but then again you are the same good for nothing people that want everything for nothing and that is why you guys stuck with UPS because you found most of the time your sup probably cares less for the company than you and was just collecting paycheck just like you. You guys are bored and pathetic because you have nothing better to do than harass people. They took this job because it involved very little skill and you knew you could not make it anywhere else.

For those that say "oh the union does not recognize production" I hate to break it to you, it may or may not be in the contract, but you agreed to the terms and conditions that you will work to the UPS standard of rate for whatever area you was assigned, for Sorters on the sort aisle and the unloaders feeding them the flow its 1200pph. And yes you can get fired for not meeting that if the sup does it right. There is a lot of stuff that just because "it is not in the contract" that you agreed to when you took the job you did with UPS

As long as both management and hourlies work like this nothing will ever get accomplished. Neither side is completely right and until we can get over ourselves it wont get right. In my hub we have non-sanctioned BBQs on UPS property with management and hourlies side-by-side hanging out. This is the UPS that I knew and admired, where we are a family. Whatever happened to that UPS?

jace1319

wow... I'm surprised... very well said Toshiro. Nice post. i couldnt agree with you more. You know what it is sometimes. we're all to worried and concerned about what the next person is doing or saying.. instead of us doing what we got to do and thats service customers packages.It's not about me and its not about the hourlies its about getting people what they paid for. because after all that's the reason we're all getting paid for.

But on another note.. crowbar. If thats the kind of supervisors you got in your hub i really dont know what to say to that but i speak of my self and my co workers in my hub. I do everything I'm asked to, No questions asked as far as paperwork maintaining a safe environment observing, ojs and working with my most help needed employee. and of course catching misloads that pops up on MDS checking gss and etc .

Being so occupied i work about 7 hrs a day and i never take a break unless i go drink water or use the rest room. God strike me dead if I'm lying. but i Don't just lounge like a lot of people do. I bet if people got paid for what they actually worked.. They would do a dam well good job. because i know i would.

washington57

You know it is a shame, you can basically tell who are all full-time hourlies in this thread and who is not. And this is where I am gonna get the flack, but I do not care bring it. It is full-time hourlies like the ones in this thread bragging about how they do nothing and still get paid $$$, that gives unions a bigger blemish then what it already has. And we wonder why the Big 3 so-called American Automakers had to get Federal bailouts and basically 2/3 of the "American" vehicles are actually produced elsewhere, and the ones that are produce here are contains 90% materials and parts assembled out of the country. I hate to break it to you, but my Tundra Double Cab and Corolla S is more American than your Fusion, Impala, and Cadillac CTS w/its Peogout transmission. Next time you drive your Ford or Chevy hybrid you can thank Toyota for leasing the tech, parts and the system to them.

This has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. Lazy ups teamsters are no where near the same level of laziness as the uaw workers. You sound like a Republican. Lay off the fox news.

Jace there is no point getting into a pissing match to see who is bigger, if they fail to comply with instructions simply put it in their PTRS, notify your FT Lead, if you see it continues bring the shop steward into it.

You made the jump from hourly to management for a reason you felt was best for you, your in school, have a brand-spanking new daughter (congrats) and the money is not cutting it, so it is either find another job that pays better, but sucks in benefits, work to jobs while going to school and caring for your daughter or make jump to management.

One thing I have learned and this goes for UPS as well as outside, your are gonna get jackasses and jerks that you are either gonna be in charge of, work beside, or work above you, you are not gonna earn their respect if you are not giving it. At the same time there are those who could care less and giving a flying cluck. But to get your guys to work for you, especially in UPS you have to but your foot down, but at the same time treat them respectfully, even if they do not deserve it. Somebody said earlier to bring that trouble person back into the fold, honestly, that has been some of the best advice I have seen in all 11 pages. And just remember no matter if you work 2hours or the full 5 1/2 you still get bad for 5 1/2. So while you got the leeches of society just leeching off of UPS and the union remember you have a beautiful daughter and degree waiting for you.

To all the peacocks that have posted in this thread how I will eat you alive and I am making more than you, it is a shame and you should be ashamed of yourselves, who cares how much you make, the guy came on here to vent a little anger frustration and seek advice, but then again you are the same good for nothing people that want everything for nothing and that is why you guys stuck with UPS because you found most of the time your sup probably cares less for the company than you and was just collecting paycheck just like you. You guys are bored and pathetic because you have nothing better to do than harass people. They took this job because it involved very little skill and you knew you could not make it anywhere else.

For those that say "oh the union does not recognize production" I hate to break it to you, it may or may not be in the contract, but you agreed to the terms and conditions that you will work to the UPS standard of rate for whatever area you was assigned, for Sorters on the sort aisle and the unloaders feeding them the flow its 1200pph. And yes you can get fired for not meeting that if the sup does it right. There is a lot of stuff that just because "it is not in the contract" that you agreed to when you took the job you did with UPS
Just because you do not want it to be true you cannot be fired as a part timer for production. The only way you are getting fired for production is if you do not RTS everything. If you sign their production slips then you deserve to get fired.

As long as both management and hourlies work like this nothing will ever get accomplished. Neither side is completely right and until we can get over ourselves it wont get right. In my hub we have non-sanctioned BBQs on UPS property with management and hourlies side-by-side hanging out. This is the UPS that I knew and admired, where we are a family. Whatever happened to that UPS?

Kumbaya. What happened? The new CEO happened.

mech1

Listen supervisor wanna be go back and reread the contract because THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT IS AGREED ON.That is the only thing i care about, you sit there and bash your union brothers,do me a favor put your intent papers in and get a tie and then we can talk.The mgmt team on a daliy basis violates the contract and you want me to just sit there a take it, gee no thanks I will fight to the end to make sure that the contract does'nt get violated.When mgmt stops stealing from me I will give the same.

Toshiro Hitsugaya

This has nothing to do with anything we are talking about. Lazy ups teamsters are no where near the same level of laziness as the uaw workers. You sound like a Republican. Lay off the fox news.
Actually it is valid, if you think about, the mentality is the same with members of both. Now do not get me wrong I am not saying that both organizations are bad, but the bad apples not necessarily out weigh the good, but they definitely leave a longer impression than the good.

If I was a Republican, the same ones who raised the import taxes in the 80's to mid 90's on the vehicles being imported by a certain company because they threatened the American auto industry, I would not currently own and drive those imports made by said Asian auto manufacturer, as stated in my thread. Right I am also that Republican that believe that we legitimately was fighting a "War of Terror" in Iraq, as well as helping put certain Political leaders in power and then out when it suited us. Okay you got me dead in sight tinkle me pink. But we are not here to talk gov't politics just UPS ones.

Just because you do not want it to be true you cannot be fired as a part timer for production. The only way you are getting fired for production is if you do not RTS everything. If you sign their production slips then you deserve to get fired.

I have seen it happen before, and I will see it happen again and I am sure at least twice more before the years end. But as a good supervisor, it should not have to come to that if they are working with that person.

Kumbaya. What happened? The new CEO happened.

Very well be. I guess caring and taking pride in the work you do also went out the window with the new CEO. Damn shame cause we are only hurting ourselves.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Blah blah....some truths here, some egotistical know-it-all grandstanding (typical of UPS PT or FT sups)

Just remember , when it's all said and done, most union people have zero respect for your bosses. However , we understand that supervisors on the low-end are forced into making decisions that jeopardize respect and work relationships. When we bite back, it is usually not the underhanded and bright-eyed PT supervisor that deserves it, however it is your job after all to recieve the flak. Otherwise, there would be no PT supervisors (or FT for that matter). Basically, I have plenty of respect for you minimum wage guys and even the 55 year old chain-smoking FT sups who went nowhere...however, when push comes to shove, know your place...:_)

jace1319

blah blah..so time has passed by and i decided to put everyone in their place... talk about the contact and honor it? you can shove that contract up yours..the union workers are a joke and let me rephrase that... some union workers that is... all they really do is use the contract as a way to sit on their lazy behinds trying to find every excuse not to do any work... is it fair that you are hold to no standards just because a book doesnt speak such "language" how many of you really thought about that bull crap when you was sitting in front of a manager or hr trying to get HIRED? yea i bet you said and agreed to everything that was told to you... but now you feel ups owes you something? always remember UPS does not work for you... YOU work for UPS.. and im going to leave it at..

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's going to be a rough day in that pool that's 87*, just lally-gagging around. Me in my little bikini, soaking up all those fat comp checks. Yup. Real rough.

Integrity

Binge Poster
blah blah..so time has passed by and i decided to put everyone in their place... talk about the contact and honor it? you can shove that contract up yours..the union workers are a joke and let me rephrase that... some union workers that is... all they really do is use the contract as a way to sit on their lazy behinds trying to find every excuse not to do any work... is it fair that you are hold to no standards just because a book doesnt speak such "language" how many of you really thought about that bull crap when you was sitting in front of a manager or hr trying to get HIRED? yea i bet you said and agreed to everything that was told to you... but now you feel ups owes you something? always remember UPS does not work for you... YOU work for UPS.. and im going to leave it at..
jace1319,

It is managements responsibility for the culture in the workforce.

An undisciplined workforce is a symptom of undisciplined management not the result of unionism.

A company with undisciplined management will often time be characterized by the failure of the management to strictly uphold Company Policies, Guidelines and Codes of Conduct.

This is self destructive because it is the management that are leading the way in violating the very policies and procedures made by management.

This lack of discipline on management's part is what causes an undisciplined work force.

One of the UPS policies that I have seen violated often is the policy regarding relations with the Union. In the March 2001 UPS Policy Book it states that it is UPS policy to respect and fulfill the collective bargaining agreements.

You can reference this on Page 24 of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book.

I mean no disrespect to you but you seem to have a disrespectful attitude towards the union.

This is a policy you may want to work on to make yourself a better management employee.

Sincerely,
I

jace1319

lol very funny.. well actually "helloworld" my sorters do sort average 1250 ...im not in the loads otherwise all my loaders would be 350 and above =] the power of discipline. i love it.