Wtf - new hire experience UPS is very unorganized

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS is a :censored2:show. Was great when I first started 10+ years ago and now every day is worse than the one before it.
0CBE3F5D-DAF7-47B7-9E5D-D6D201ED25DA.jpeg

AwashBwashCwash

When I first started, I was expecting a really great company culture. I was expecting to work hard but to be in a well thought-out system that was designed for its workers to succeed.
Instead, my first day I got screamed at by my sup for not knowing what to do, while my co-workers stayed silent the whole time. They still do not and have never talked to me, and no one has ever taken the time to explain to me what exactly my job is and what I should be doing. I wasn't expecting to make friends, it's just a job, but I was expecting to be shown what to do. Instead I've learned everything by making errors and being screamed at afterwards. I've noticed the whole company seems to be on this puffed-up macho thing like it's the military and seems to take pride in making others quit so they can feel better about themselves. UPS has by far the poorest communication out of any place I've ever worked. As far as I can tell it's total incompetence from disgruntled employees at all levels.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As I’m not really surprised at this bs, it’s still throwing a wrench in my life plan.

I signed on to slavery in the warehouse and they offer me a driving job instead.

HR person doesn’t show up for my interview, does it on the phone before losing signal and sends me info I need via email. Dot crap.

Get that done, HR person on vacation so their substitute schedules my road test.

Show up for road test and no one there knows I’m coming. Take road test...really easy. Contact HR few days later whom tells me my start date has disappeared and I can expect to start in August or September but no firm date so wait and see.

Gave current boss a notice and training my two replacements, boss hired two to cover me, feel special. Debating whether to take another job offer I got or collect unemployment while awaiting what UPS decides to do. Not the type of person to start a new gig and just screw them over after a month or two provided I get the call.
crying_snowflake_baby_on_american_apparel_t_shirt-r3710655deb5848e680100b2c33648cf7_k2gpv_307.jpg

IESucks

As I’m not really surprised at this bs, it’s still throwing a wrench in my life plan.

I signed on to slavery in the warehouse and they offer me a driving job instead.

HR person doesn’t show up for my interview, does it on the phone before losing signal and sends me info I need via email. Dot crap.

Get that done, HR person on vacation so their substitute schedules my road test.

Show up for road test and no one there knows I’m coming. Take road test...really easy. Contact HR few days later whom tells me my start date has disappeared and I can expect to start in August or September but no firm date so wait and see.

Gave current boss a notice and training my two replacements, boss hired two to cover me, feel special. Debating whether to take another job offer I got or collect unemployment while awaiting what UPS decides to do. Not the type of person to start a new gig and just screw them over after a month or two provided I get the call.
Ups is always one big cluster:censored2:

KoennenTiger

When I first started, I was expecting a really great company culture. I was expecting to work hard but to be in a well thought-out system that was designed for its workers to succeed.
Instead, my first day I got screamed at by my sup for not knowing what to do, while my co-workers stayed silent the whole time. They still do not and have never talked to me, and no one has ever taken the time to explain to me what exactly my job is and what I should be doing. I wasn't expecting to make friends, it's just a job, but I was expecting to be shown what to do. Instead I've learned everything by making errors and being screamed at afterwards. I've noticed the whole company seems to be on this puffed-up macho thing like it's the military and seems to take pride in making others quit so they can feel better about themselves. UPS has by far the poorest communication out of any place I've ever worked. As far as I can tell it's total incompetence from disgruntled employees at all levels.

I still remember the day the moved me to preload (from unload). Some maroon part time sup just shows me two cars and gives me a two minute explanation about how to load them. Later he comes back and I've got all the irregs in a big pile. He tells me to put them in the truck so I put them all inside those two trucks.

The driver came in, took one look at his truck, and flipped out. Just lost his :censored2:. I had no idea wtf was happening I got all the boxes into his truck so calm down bro.

The driver went to complain to his boss and I went home. I imagine he them had to pull everything in his truck out and reload it. But they did train me on how to actually preload the next day.

Atrocious communication, no training on anything ever, learn everything by trial and error, your coworkers are either close to downs syndrome, drunk, high, all of the above, or been there so long they don't even want to know your name until you've made it a year. Management lies to you constantly, your only source of information is some dimwit part time sup who only got his job because he was dumb enough to leave the union after working for six weeks and knows even less than you do.

No wonder they know they can :censored2: all over us when we finally get to driver. Look at the hell we already put up with