X giving out contracts to the highest bidder!!

It will be fine

Well Fred, how’s that ISP contractor model working out for you these days?
This was linehaul, has nothing to do with ISP, they have a different agreement. This type of behavior was commonplace when I first started. I’m pretty sure I missed out on routes because I wasn’t playing that game.

bbsam

Staff member
This was linehaul, has nothing to do with ISP, they have a different agreement. This type of behavior was commonplace when I first started. I’m pretty sure I missed out on routes because I wasn’t playing that game.
Sounds all pretty recent though. Wonder if this will spark lawsuits/investigations nationwide.

And I’m sorry, but those Russian names remind me of something an MD mentioned in passing years ago. He said they really know the contract inside out and backwards.

It will be fine

Sounds all pretty recent though. Wonder if this will spark lawsuits/investigations nationwide.

And I’m sorry, but those Russian names remind me of something an MD mentioned in passing years ago. He said they really know the contract inside out and backwards.
With the confusion of the ISP transition everywhere and the increased frequency of contracts getting pulled, I’m sure it’s happening right now. When I heard of it, it was single routes, contracts are much bigger these days.

bbsam

Staff member
With the confusion of the ISP transition everywhere and the increased frequency of contracts getting pulled, I’m sure it’s happening right now. When I heard of it, it was single routes, contracts are much bigger these days.
But the manager is only 41 years old. Once he was in neck deep, no getting out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
While I’m not a fan of FedEx at this point in my career, the title is very misleading. It wasn’t FedEx giving contracts to the highest bidder it was a crooked Senior Manager.

FedGT

While I’m not a fan of FedEx at this point in my career, the title is very misleading. It wasn’t FedEx giving contracts to the highest bidder it was a crooked Senior Manager.
I will own that if it could be changed it would be appreciated. I meant to add manager but I couldn’t edit title after the post. I am sure this isn’t an isolated incident, and how was this not caught for 10 years with these “ghost shipments”?

bacha29

I will own that if it could be changed it would be appreciated. I meant to add manager but I couldn’t edit title after the post. I am sure this isn’t an isolated incident, and how was this not caught for 10 years with these “ghost shipments”?
Where were the auditors all this time ? Why did it finally take the FBI and nearly a decade to find it while did auditors didn't see a thing suspicious? I wouldn't be surprised that given how those Ruskies were living high on the hog their lifestyle could have raised the FBI's suspicions as much as anything else.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes but...

I’m of the belief that people knew. Not only did they know, but i would bet a sizable dollar that this is not an isolated incident.

That said, at what point does the caveat “it wasn’t Fedex giving contracts away” become moot?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes but...

I’m of the belief that people knew. Not only did they know, but i would bet a sizable dollar that this is not an isolated incident.

That said, at what point does the caveat “it wasn’t Fedex giving contracts away” become moot?

Perhaps. Most of the instances appeared to be awarding runs without putting them through the proper bidding process. My guess is that someone got ticked at not being able to bid on those run or that he slipped up in the process of paying them for inflated miles or phantom runs.

It's amazing what one person can get away with.