Yard spotter

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Cant be as bad as the shifters at the rail yard… or can it??
Depends on the rail yard. 2 of the 3 I go to are pretty civil and organized. The other one, I’m almost certain they hire guys straight out of prison.

Johney

If they take that goat one inch onto a public street that is feeder work,..fact
I was told by my feeder manager(not my on road)that when I left feeders to take a 22.3 shifting job that I was no longer feeder qualified and that under no circumstances was I to take any UPS feeder equipment on the road or I would be terminated on the spot.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was told by my feeder manager(not my on road)that when I left feeders to take a 22.3 shifting job that I was no longer feeder qualified and that under no circumstances was I to take any UPS feeder equipment on the road or I would be terminated on the spot.
Should have hooked a set and took it out of the yard for a victory lap or 2…. Have them put their money where their mouth is..ha

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Depends on the rail yard. 2 of the 3 I go to are pretty civil and organized. The other one, I’m almost certain they hire guys straight out of prison.
We’ve had drivers banned from the rail for speeding and all day long their employees (who are teamsters) go 10/20 over the posted speed…so stupid

Yeet

We’ve had drivers banned from the rail for speeding and all day long their employees (who are teamsters) go 10/20 over the posted speed…so stupid
I got banned from the one with the :censored2: shifters for 2 weeks for “parking a trailer in the aisle.” I parked it next to 5 others that were also in the aisle that their shifters dropped. “Rules for thee, but not for me.”

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got banned from the one with the :censored2: shifters for 2 weeks for “parking a trailer in the aisle.” I parked it next to 5 others that were also in the aisle that their shifters dropped. “Rules for thee, but not for me.”
Dude…the rail can be shady AF….you ever have to go pick trailers up trackside??? Damn Hustlers line the boxes so close that you have to literally jackknife the tractor into the kingpin and hope you don’t jack something up…and forget about it if you have to get a chassis flipped…you’re going to be there for an hour plus waiting for some yard jockey…lmao

Commercial Inside Release

You sure he wasn't confused? You are okay to drive it on the street, but the equipment they have is not allowed on the roads, for whatever reason. Equipment volations, not registered, not roadworthy, etc...

Yeet

Dude…the rail can be shady AF….you ever have to go pick trailers up trackside??? Damn Hustlers line the boxes so close that you have to literally jackknife the tractor into the kingpin and hope you don’t jack something up…and forget about it if you have to get a chassis flipped…you’re going to be there for an hour plus waiting for some yard jockey…lmao
My favorite part of the day. Bonus points for missing the pin 5 times in a tight and busy rail yard and have the guys blowing their air horns at you. I blew a guy a kiss one time. He didn’t like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You sure he wasn't confused? You are okay to drive it on the street, but the equipment they have is not allowed on the roads, for whatever reason. Equipment volations, not registered, not roadworthy, etc...
Afaic… he has a cdl..and has been trained in yard control and proper coupling techniques and such then he is road worthy… they probably have to pay him feeder rate if he goes out on the road so some 2 bit sup probably would get his ass chewed if this happen…

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My favorite part of the day. Bonus points for missing the pin 5 times in a tight and busy rail yard and have the guys blowing their air horns at you. I blew a guy a kiss one time. He didn’t like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’d be throwing bud bars…you get gypos In there who literally live in their trucks…some of these guys make Ted Kaczynski look like Tom Selleck from the 70’s…hot hot hot

Yeet

I’d be throwing bud bars…you get gypos In there who literally live in their trucks…some of these guys make Ted Kaczynski look like Tom Selleck from the 70’s…hot hot hot
They don’t seem to mind the owner/ops. To give them credit, when our daysort train rolls in there are about 40 of us in their way. Someone needs to remind them though that it’s because of us that they are employed. If we pulled our loads off of them and ran them ourselves, they would have to cut staffing in half.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They don’t seem to mind the owner/ops. To give them credit, when our daysort train rolls in there are about 40 of us in their way. Someone needs to remind them though that it’s because of us that they are employed. If we pulled our loads off of them and ran them ourselves, they would have to cut staffing in half.
Is there a dedicated area there where they put all of the ups trailers???

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The Union Pacific yard I used to go to resented us crossing over the tracks to pick up our trailers as they set them off the train. They looked at it as taking work away from them. They wanted their workers to take them to the other side of their yard and park them. Consequently, they loved to make it hard for us to hook up sometimes.