Yield Curve is inverted....stocks plummeting...RECESSION is coming

bbsam

Staff member
I've been married 48 years -- I can tune her out anytime I want to. Just ask her.
Yep. That’s when she slips in the info that she dug up the stashes of cash in the back yard.

A Nigerian Prince needed her help to save the snow leopard from extinction when MyPillow.com built their new plant out of flex tape and time shares.

But wait, there’s more!

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep. That’s when she slips in the info that she dug up the stashes of cash in the back yard.

A Nigerian Prince needed her help to save the snow leopard from extinction when MyPillow.com built their new plant out of flex tape and time shares.

But wait, there’s more!
Now I know you are just making stuff up. My wife hates animals, uses a feather pillow and wouldn't know Flex Tape if it bit her in the ass.

bbsam

Staff member
Now I know you are just making stuff up. My wife hates animals, uses a feather pillow and wouldn't know Flex Tape if it bit her in the ass.
Yeah. And she ignores the Adam and Eve commercials. She wants nothing to do with that stuff.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Ah, look at all the predictors and prognosticators... How cute!

We are overdue for a recession, have them all the time. Most of them last less than a year. Then guess what happens? :teethy:

If we have what is supposed to happen, so what.

Keep on getting scared though... lol. Go all CASH and hide it somewhere. :lol:

List of recessions in the United States
I understand your thinking and usually agree but there are times when something bad could happen. the housing bubble burst did not affect me but it did hurt a lot of people. and something i do not understand is the trillions of derivatives that are out there or the trillions the U.S. is in debt. i don't know if that will ever come to haunt the market.

It always worries me when most people say everything will turn out okay. probably true looking at history but someday........??? the gods may be laughing and saying oh ya? we'll show you.

never say never

newfie

Everyone panics its ridiculous.
People are working, the roads are crowded because people are driving. My Brown truck is just about maxed out everyday and companies are making good profits.

Exactly we are overdue for a recession and I can predict it will happen sometime in the future without a graph. In the meantime I enjoy watching Trump electroshock the corpse back to life.

newfie

Could be an interesting study to see what the Fed did in the past with an inverted yield through that average 22 month period.

Honestly, whatever happens, it’s hard to say that this economy has Ben managed responsibly. Everyone loves growth and a strong economy but it sure seems like there’s an ugly national hubris this time.
What's ugly about everyone having a job?

newfie

So why pretend like all recessions ante the same and we just cycle in and out of them? Eventually the problems snowball and fundamentals change drastically.

We saw it after 2008. Business fundamentals go bonkers when interest rates rise above 1/2%. So when another recession looms, the things the Fed would do to ease tension are conditions that business already takes for granted.
Everyone here is an economics genius
Spinning their political opinion into an economic theory

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
So why pretend like all recessions ante the same and we just cycle in and out of them? Eventually the problems snowball and fundamentals change drastically.

We saw it after 2008. Business fundamentals go bonkers when interest rates rise above 1/2%. So when another recession looms, the things the Fed would do to ease tension are conditions that business already takes for granted.

Well, we do cycle out of them. Not saying we don't have underlying problems...

If we could only stop the spending. :sick: