You know you're a UPS driver if...

Z

ZQXC

If the seats in your personal vehicle are made of cloth there's a strong possibility that the drivers side will look very similar to
the Shroud of Turin

...after the same package keeps falling on you, you finally lose your temper and attack it.

...you have tried every flavor of gatorade

...even your wife now understands military time

...when you hear non-UPS people talk about how tired they are after a day's work you can't help but think to yourself how they have no clue

....when an ignorant customer at some random front desk talks down to you and/or disrespects you and you just want to show them how much larger your paycheck is than theirs.

....that moment when you realize "yep, pre-loader definitely smoked some crack today"

...you go out with half a tank and stress out all day about running out of gas, and put the truck in neutral down every hill

...when returning a text to someone on your personal phone you wish you could just select "request acknowledged and accepted"

...you can drink over a gallon of water and still not have to pee until you get home

...you are helping a friend or a family member move and you realize you need to take control of things.

...sometimes you surprise even yourself with your sixth-sense-like ability to find a particular package in a bricked out jungle of boxes

...that one time you actually stepped up into your truck without using the hand rail it felt so strange

....you are sick and tired of having to find BC on amazon pkgs that won't scan

...you can text faster on your DIAD than on your phone

...you feel like every body else in the world is just so damn slow

...you've read every single post on this thread!

Most of the good ones were already taken. I enjoyed reading this and I'm sure I'll be thinking of other good ones all day tomorrow.

cooperjake

To the "finding a pkg in a bricked truck" comment....
Every christmas helper I have is amazed how I find pkgs and I remember in '90 when I was a helper...I didn't sit down...the bulkhead door was open...and as we were driving the driver would point at a pkg in the back and tell me to grab it and I was out the door well before the truck ever stopped. Off subject a little but it's amazing how different things are now....hell who here remembers being on paper ??...in the rain....or the pen freezing up....and the carbon paper....

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You know you're a UPS driver when...

The devil has specifically requested you to deliver packages in hell...
20140515_115657.jpg

You are a VIP at the tow company and they have a truck on standby for your beck and call...
tow.jpg

The Counties and State you work is too cheap to erect cautionary road signs so this is how they warn you...
20140804_151149.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
There's a bank I drive past on my way to UPS everyday. The temperature that flashes on the clock outside it has read 185° for the last 2 years or so..lol

Johney

To the "finding a pkg in a bricked truck" comment....
Every christmas helper I have is amazed how I find pkgs and I remember in '90 when I was a helper...I didn't sit down...the bulkhead door was open...and as we were driving the driver would point at a pkg in the back and tell me to grab it and I was out the door well before the truck ever stopped. Off subject a little but it's amazing how different things are now....hell who here remembers being on paper ??...in the rain....or the pen freezing up....and the carbon paper....

Sent using BrownCafe App
Speaking of paper, how about having to know when you changed area numbers so you could switch clipboards. My first run in 88 had 5 different area numbers on it. I mention this to new guys and all I get is the deer in the headlight look. "What do you mean by area numbers"? No clue.

aiian

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've walked into a door or two while holding down the key fob.

Also, I didn't realize it until my wife mentioned it but I almost NEVER park head first.

Whenever I travel I consider what it must me like to run a route in that particular area.