You know you're getting excited for it...

Overpaid Union Thug

Is it?

There is nothing wrong with positioning the car so that you can drive to your next stop w/o delay.

That has nothing to do with the back first metric. The back first metric was a metric created with the sole purpose of reducing backing immediately after making a delivery and therefore reducing backing accidents. The 500 ft threshold (or whatever it actually is) is overkill. The smart thing to have done would have been to create a metric that records when we ACTUALLY back first. Meaning....we get in the truck, start it, and go straight into reverse and back. But instead we ended up with a metric that forces us to chose from any number of options to avoid back firsts and most of them conflict with our methods or put us in situations that are less safe than had we chose to just use common sense and stop.

For example. I'm approaching a delivery that will be on my right and the dead end ahead will require that I back to turn around and I can't back in the driveway of the next delivery. To avoid a back first exception I must continue on past my stop, turn around, and come back to it and deliver from the other side of the street. Now I likely have to walk around the truck. It happens sometimes on other streets but why put myself in that position if I don't have to? Especially when I could have just placed the right side of the truck right next to the receiver's driveway and stepped out safely into a much shorter and safer walk path? Our methods actually say that is what should be done. Park as close to the stop as we can. But now we are expected to ignore the methods in order to beat a ridiculous metric? LOL! Have fun with that. I will continue to follow the methods and use common sense based on safety. Everyone else can worry about a metric that requires that they drive past stops and unnecessarily walk across traffic.

I have an industrial park. When I pull one one dock to the next it shows up as a back first exception. So now when I move to the next stop I make a couple of loops before I back.

Yeah that's a real time saver.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wow,,,,don't take it so seriously Dragon,,,,what happened Jumpman23 to that advice?? Work as instructed or start your own company and do it your way! Happy New Year!
Gets old the harassment, dont you get tired of their bs harassment about things that have nothing to do with work? At the end of the day the reason they put you guys and us through the ringer and always harass all of us over stupid stuff is all over money. You dont have to be the worlds smartest person or Einstein to figure out the purpose behind their mind game. The purpose of their mind game and harassment to its employees and management is they want to make everybodys life a living hell because they think everyone including you is making too much money and it is digging into their profits for the shareholders. 4 billion dollars a quarter profit isnt good enough. Trust me they hate you just as much as they hate me, different is im not oblivious to whats really going on, im the king of the mind game, i see right through their smoke, lies and bs. No part of me is hynotized by their lies and shadyness unlike others. Im not going to get worked over their bs game, im at the point where i just dont give a BUCK honestly. If they wanna play games theres always a way to OUTSMART THE FOX. Ill play dumb all day long until theyve fell in to my mindtrap and didnt even know they were being set up from the get go. All bout strategy, if that means playing a dumb box slinger to get what i want and where i need to go then SO BE IT AMIGO.