You smell…

bumped

If she doesn't want you to sweat, then work at a pace that doesn't allow you to perspire. You can then see if she changes her tune.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
if you are really stinking then it is a problem.. 4 hrs is no reason to start stinking,,,we have had people in the preload and as drivers that needed to be told they smell bad......its not cool if you are near a person and they smell bad

I agree. If a person smells bad enough to be confronted, it's probably not just a case of smelling like sweat. I'm not making a judgment, but I've been around some people that stink so bad it's truly sickening. I wish someone would tell one of the people I work with his breath smells like a septic tank on steroids.....

whiskey

I'm no doctor, but I can speak from experience, that dealing with life's hardships on the home front, compounds the work stress in your life, and as a result, strange physical problems have a tendency to arise. There is a slight chance you may benefit from a medical exam. I think if I were in your shoes, and they treated me that way, I would have gone postal.

upsgrunt

A cheap try is to rotate different deoderant types and brands- I think your body gets immune to the same thing, day in and day out. Maybe your body chemistry is just not compatible with what you are using.

dillweed

Orly, I'm sorry about your family issues and hope all turns out well. Last thing you need is someone with an over-sensitive snout giving you grief.

I go in clean every day, often hair is still wet from shower. Before it dries it's already wet with sweat in this weather. Before break, even, I can tell that I'm less than fresh but it's an honest sweat. Sweat flushes impurities from our system and isn't meant to smell sweet. geesh

I worked with a young man years ago who had a problem with smell. You could tell he was a neat and clean man, just had a scent. Some folks complained and made fun but I always pointed out that he surely couldn't help it. He didn't smell like sweat, rather an acrid, chemical smell that he just plain had. Don't know if there is anything a person can take to control that or not. Is there someone you trust that you could ask whether it's a plain sweat smell or something stronger? Either way, it's your body and you needn't be ashamed of it.

I have also worked with a young man who farts and stinks on purpose. He is at least 30 years old and acts like an eighth grader. I told him his sphinctor muscles were going to wear out from all that forced farting and that in several years they would be so weak he'd lose control and be crapping himself. After continuing to endure his stench I finally lit into him big time. He bawled to management and I was told to be nice but something clicked in him. Suspect he was talked to by a sup. He still farts around some of the others but does not do it around me.

Changing clothes during break is absurd. I would certainly tell the sup that her comments are offending you and to please stop the harassment. If she opens her mouth again, I'd go higher up and take a union rep along. Best of luck with this. So sad that you are criticized for this when you're working your butt off for them. Again, best wishes to you and your family. They are so much more important than anyone at UPS.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Orly!?!

I just read your post. I did not read any other responses.

How is your mother doing?
How is your girlfreind?

Can you get FMLA for mother?

They are both fine. Mother is all better. And my gf is going threw radiation 5 days a week and kimo pills. Shes feeling much better and has better movement to her right side.

Thanks for your consern.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sorry, but I should've filed today. I didnt know what to do, Im going onto my third year, no one ever tells you what or how you should handle these things.

Over all, I dont understand some of these managers hate for the working man sometimes. We are here for you, yet you act as if we are the problem.

Thanks everyone, I will if it happens again.

So, lets get on to that three day weekend!!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
if you are really stinking then it is a problem.. 4 hrs is no reason to start stinking,,,we have had people in the preload and as drivers that needed to be told they smell bad......its not cool if you are near a person and they smell bad

Well, sweat has the same properties as urine. In fact the same stuff that makes it smell bad. If I'm soaked it in for four hours, hows it going to smell. I think some of these managers and sups have forgotten how it is on the box line. You come in contact with everything, you sweat like crazy and body odor is on its way.

I've talked with many people around me, including a few sups and they say "oh yea, during a shift I would stink too". Unless you and others live in a area were the temp is always nice or cold, and sweat doesnt happen for maybe 2 months out of the year, then oh well.

I do believe I should get a different soap for my clothes though, I often use unsented stuff.

Leftinbuilding

"I’ve been going threw a lot this and last year I still wore speed stick and spray on polo, then and now. So, time goes on after the talk."

May seem obvious, but how often do you shower? Should be at least once a day. More, if needed.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Most body odor comes from the bacteria that grow on your hair, especially the hair under your arms.
If you are a secure male, you can try shaving under your arms and that may very well take care of the body odor problem.
I know two drivers and a manager who have done this and it worked.

I also spent a summer in France where many of the women don't shave under their arms and they stunk as bad as the men.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Well, sweat has the same properties as urine. In fact the same stuff that makes it smell bad. If I'm soaked it in for four hours, hows it going to smell. I think some of these managers and sups have forgotten how it is on the box line. You come in contact with everything, you sweat like crazy and body odor is on its way.

I've talked with many people around me, including a few sups and they say "oh yea, during a shift I would stink too". Unless you and others live in a area were the temp is always nice or cold, and sweat doesnt happen for maybe 2 months out of the year, then oh well.

I do believe I should get a different soap for my clothes though, I often use unsented stuff.
try using some pine sol with your laundry soap

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
"I’ve been going threw a lot this and last year I still wore speed stick and spray on polo, then and now. So, time goes on after the talk."

May seem obvious, but how often do you shower? Should be at least once a day. More, if needed.....

I shower after work, I shower before work the day before I go to work after a weekend.

A shower before work I cant do due to having to get up, get dressed and out the door.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Most body odor comes from the bacteria that grow on your hair, especially the hair under your arms.
If you are a secure male, you can try shaving under your arms and that may very well take care of the body odor problem.
I know two drivers and a manager who have done this and it worked.

I also spent a summer in France where many of the women don't shave under their arms and they stunk as bad as the men.

Sounds good, really!

And yea, yuck!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I like the suggestion. I was already thinking of ways to wash my clothes with an added kick to help the smell out. I can only wear 100% cotten, because anything else rashes my skin. Thanks!
its most likely your clothes not your body,, i wash all my browns with pine sol,,gets that sweat stink out