You Sorry Bastards

MAKAVELI

That's the indictment. A document of accusations of criminal activity is not proof. They could draft up an indictment tomorrow entitled, "United States of America v. stopsperhour", accusing you of being a bank robber; doesn't make it true until they produce evidence.
No sh...t Sherlock. The indictment had to go through a grand jury first. So obviously they felt the case had merit otherwise they wouldn't have charged such a big and politically powerful company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if you would feel the same if this case involved hard drugs, such as cocaine, meth, and the drug cartels?

Prescription drugs have become highly abused. Just ask drug addict Rush Limbaugh. I have friends who are PAs and MDs, and they all are very aware of prescription-shoppers who re-sell what they obtain from multiple "legitimate" sources. It's a big deal, and FedEx is neck deep in it.

MAKAVELI

Prescription drugs have become highly abused. Just ask drug addict Rush Limbaugh. I have friends who are PAs and MDs, and they all are very aware of prescription-shoppers who re-sell what they obtain from multiple "legitimate" sources. It's a big deal, and FedEx is neck deep in it.
Rush was probably a regular recipient of these illegal pharmacies.

hypo hanna

Disagree. There are blogs dedicated to crimes committed by NFL players which should result in years behind bars, but end up resulting in community service and probation.
And for every case like that, there are thousands of black and Hispanic kids getting harsh sentences while white kids walk for the same offense. In many ways, our criminal justice system is more discriminatory now then is was in the days of Jim Crow.

fedex_rtd

What does that have to do with the tea in China? Here is a link to the dea charges. Read it then try to justify FedEx actions.
http://1.usa.gov/1kCZIXR
The rabbit hole goes very deep on this one.
Hope Fred has his ear holes wide open for this....Just skimmed over the DEA charges, LOTS of references to FEDEX EMPLOYEES said this, said that, sent email to management etc. Had FedEx shown it's employees the same loyalty that it shows to the executives of this company, perhaps said executives would have gotten away with this. These types of charges always require a number of employees most of the time hourly employees that are fed up with the situation to rat out their superiors.

Most people when faced with government officials asking questions will clam up and try to mind their own business "hey man, I didn't see anything, I know nothing" However those that feel they have been hosed over, say on pay issues. "hey man, am I glad to see you...this is whats going on here"

bbsam

Staff member
What does that have to do with the tea in China? Here is a link to the dea charges. Read it then try to justify FedEx actions.
http://1.usa.gov/1kCZIXR
The rabbit hole goes very deep on this one.
it has everything to do with it fro a business standpoint. Legal isn't just about lawsuits and plea deals. It's about strategy and "reading the tea leaves". A lot of "what if" thinking. Such as "If they indict, what are our options? What is precedent? What is the likely fine? What will the government settle for after the indictment? What do future elections look like? How much revenue has Fedex brought in since the possible indictment was announced? How much by the time of settlement? How will it be perceived in the general public?" Legal gets paid a ton of money to sift through every scenario. This isn't a Pandora's box that they haven't carefully considered. UPS does the same thing with their legal department as does every large corporation.

MAKAVELI

it has everything to do with it fro a business standpoint. Legal isn't just about lawsuits and plea deals. It's about strategy and "reading the tea leaves". A lot of "what if" thinking. Such as "If they indict, what are our options? What is precedent? What is the likely fine? What will the government settle for after the indictment? What do future elections look like? How much revenue has Fedex brought in since the possible indictment was announced? How much by the time of settlement? How will it be perceived in the general public?" Legal gets paid a ton of money to sift through every scenario. This isn't a Pandora's box that they haven't carefully considered. UPS does the same thing with their legal department as does every large corporation.
I know Fred is a gambling man. But everyone eventually loses sometime. This may be that sometime for FedEx.

bbsam

Staff member
This case will be settled; unfortunately for Fred, he will have to write a much larger check than if he had settled in the first place.
Maybe. But if he pays $100 million but because of delaying made $130 million, he still wins. (Numbers are arbitrary and for example.)

MAKAVELI

Maybe. But if he pays $100 million but because of delaying made $130 million, he still wins. (Numbers are arbitrary and for example.)
You can try to put a dress and lipstick on this pig. But it's still a pig. The only positive outcome for FedEx would be a not guilty verdict.