Your on car and delivery routine

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Same here. No PAS. So if I'm in an unfamiliar area I might prerecord up to 5 stops. So I will admit that in this case I do not follow the methods, as "prerecording is not a method," according to my sup.
5 stops? To hell with that, I prerecord the whole area. I know it's not methods and that part I don't get. Pre-recording is a great training tool. I use it frequently in an area that I don't know. If I know the rte I rarely use it. So why are we not supposed to use it? It's just plain stupid!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have several drivers who still prerecord even though we are on PAS and the one problem that seems to come up is they will sometimes record the same pkg twice. They will prerecord it at say 1137 and then will record it again when they actually make the delivery at say 1237 and, yes, there is a report generated that shows multiple tracking numbers.

Dilli and Brown, I think that you will both have no problem when you do transition to EDD and will both do quite well with it and your days of prerecording will be history.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have several drivers who still prerecord even though we are on PAS and the one problem that seems to come up is they will sometimes record the same pkg twice. They will prerecord it at say 1137 and then will record it again when they actually make the delivery at say 1237 and, yes, there is a report generated that shows multiple tracking numbers.

Dilli and Brown, I think that you will both have no problem when you do transition to EDD and will both do quite well with it and your days of prerecording will be history.
That is ok by me. We are supposed to remember 5 stops ahead which I can do.....................I just can't give you the addy. I can tell you what house it is or what business but I can't always remember the street address. That is if it a rte that I know well! (If it is a regular customer I know the address. Several days a week. If it's a once every 2/3 weeks I know where they live not the street number)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You both are entitled to and I respect your opinions; however, I personally do not see anything wrong with grabbing my DIAD, punching in, downloading and then going through EDD to see what my day has in store for me. We have 26-29 drivers on the road daily and I would have to say that at least 1/2 do this as well. IMO this differs from actually being in the pkg car sorting as I am simply going through to see what NDA I have, if I have any extra work or if they pulled a section, and to see what, if any, bulk stops I have that I may have to plan ahead for. I am not getting in my preloaders way and there is little if any chance that I will get hurt.

As for the paid for time, I'm fairly certain I can make up the 5 minutes sometime during my day but won't sweat it if I don't.

You are working for free. All of the things you outlined could be and should be done at your START TIME.

How do you "make up" the five minutes? Could it be construde as stealing time?

Justify it any way you like, you are working for free.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are working for free. All of the things you outlined could be and should be done at your START TIME.

How do you "make up" the five minutes? Could it be construde as stealing time?

Justify it any way you like, you are working for free.

5 minutes @ $28.90/hour = $2.41

$2.41/day X 5 days = $12.05

Pretty sure I'll survive

Get over yourself

upsdude

Get over yourself

Amen. If i get beat by an hour UPS doesn't ask me for a refund.

Seriously, UPS does enough to p---s me off, but this isn’t something I worry about.

Are you guys saying that every bathroom break or call from the wife is off the clock?

backinbrown

respect my authority
Amen. If i get beat by an hour UPS doesn't ask me for a refund.

Seriously, UPS does enough to p---s me off, but this isn’t something I worry about.

Are you guys saying that every bathroom break or call from the wife is off the clock?

No but have been told go to bathroom on your own time

upsdude

No but have been told go to bathroom on your own time

I agree, but. If i've used all my break time and need to go, what do i do? I go. If my wife calls me with a problem that needs my attention, what do i do? I talk to her.

Upstate wasn't loading his car, he was talking about simply looking at it.

Do we punch in before or exactly at start time? If my start time is say 8:00 and i punch in at 7:59, have i worked for free?

backinbrown

respect my authority
I personally punch in as soon as i grab my diad

we all do at my center

they don't pay me till start time

i do it for my own benefit i want to figure my air stops

am i working off clock i don't know Edd is working i am just looking

if i was on my car sorting yes I'm working off clock

if sup wants to ask me about something from day before and it is not start time i would be working off clock, so there are different levels of working off clock IMO getting diad info is OK for me

upsdude

we all do at my center

if sup wants to ask me about something from day before and it is not start time i would be working off clock, so there are different levels of working off clock IMO getting diad info is OK for me

We're on the same page.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

we all do at my center

Intellectual activity is the same as physical activity.
Of course, no one can prove anything is going on when you're thinking! :funny:

leastbest

LeastBest
My boss came to me about ten minutes before start time and said he wanted to talk about a pickup. I told him I'd call him at home after i got off work. If he wants me to do something off the clock I'll do it at my convenience. I think he got the message.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Whatever--you are telling me that to download EDD and go through to see what you have, to check your NDA and to use the RES/COM key for your NDA SVRs, which, BTW, takes all of 5 minutes, is "working off the clock"? Going through your pkg car before start time is working off the clock. Going through your DIAD is working smart and can be done while your are sitting there BSing waiting for the PCM to start.

I agree and do the same thing.

Prerecord is just a waste of time if you have EDD..The work is already in the board!

And I'm sure you will like it.

$2.41/day X 5 days = $12.05

Pretty sure I'll survive
Me Too.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
The ones that drive me crazy, are the ones who arrive 1 hr before start time and are always on car to check their load, print out their manifest, and bit** about how much work they have. By the time start time rolls around, they have already delivered the whole truck , twice in their head. Talk about adding stress to your workday!
They come off one at a time.