" Your're heavy because it's Light"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
yup. my on road told me I was heavy because volume is down, not just down but very 'light'and bass akwards as that may be that's his story and he is sticking to it . To make it even better our PCM was about heat safety and hydration.
I HAD to ask since management was so concerned with heat related issues,why wouldn't they put in more routes,so we could all get off at a decent hour........this earned me a very withering look from my center manager. For such a light day,there were 20 drivers coming in when i got in at 19:15( our start is 0830).......oh well 2 more days over 9.5 and CHA CHING!

DS

Fenderbender
Boy,let me explain.
That right there is logistics kickin' ya right in the balls.
When customers call in for pouches for shipping documents,they order 100,
they get 10.Let 'em use fedex pouches if they run out...(they work far better anyway)
-----------------------------------------------------
Logistics! What makes a King out of a slave?
Logistics! What makes the flag on the mast to wave?Logistics! What makes the elephant charge his tusk, in the misty mist or the dusky dusk?What makes the muskrat guard his musk?Logistics! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder?Logistics! What makes the dawn come up like thunder?Logistics! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot?What have they got that I ain't got?
Logistics!

sporh

Our center is always "very light" on Mondays. They cut routes with a machete on Mondays. I jokingly tell my center manager that everybody is a cover driver on Mondays. You can look on the driver board in the morning and there is at least 10+ drivers off(40 driver center).

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
light volume means less allowed drivers which means those drivers will have to cover larger areas but with the same amount of usual stops per car

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
:censored2: Your're heavy because it's Light"

When I started 6 years ago I use to love Monday's they were always a nice easy and Wednesday's sucked. Now Monday's and Friday's are my longest days and Wednesday's are the lightest.

over9five

Staff member
Remember years ago on Thursdays you would try extra hard to get rid of everything so you'd have a nice Friday?

Now with PAS/EDD it's smarter to have a bunch of send-agains Thursday so they don't give you too much more work Friday from another route.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Used to keep my send agains in my package car overnight instead of sending them back to the center in the TP60. Problem was they were never included in EDD or my stop count the next day. Five or six extra stops could be 30 to 45 minutes added to my planned day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Used to keep my send agains in my package car overnight instead of sending them back to the center in the TP60. Problem was they were never included in EDD or my stop count the next day. Five or six extra stops could be 30 to 45 minutes added to my planned day.

Send agains? Don't you rural guys just leave them at the Feed Mill or Co-op for the customer to pickup?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No--what I am saying is that on a country run you quickly figure out where people work or any other possible places to leave their packages.

Yep! I know where all three of my postal workers live (Not the carriers). Prior to PAS, I had a lost PO pkg that I found after hours and delivered it to one of the PO employees at home. It works.

ups1990

This has to be one of the funniest phrases I've read concerning UPS. "you're heavy because it's light", could I have your permission to print some t shirts with this phrase? Hilarious.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
No--what I am saying is that on a country run you quickly figure out where people work or any other possible places to leave their packages.
Why wouldn't they want their packages left at the location they were addressed to be sent to? I don't understand.????:confused2: