Yuma Arizona

vantexan

It's entirely possible that we crossed paths. Is the station still just a singlewide trailer?
I was a swing out of Kingman 2005-2006. Covered Kingman and Bullhead, occasionally Lake Havasu. Bullhead had that trailer on restricted airport grounds. After a day of 120 degree heat in Bullhead I'd drive up to 95 degrees in Kingman. Felt like paradise.

Oldfart

It's spelled Glenn Frey. And you call me stupid.
Whatever. I saw the statue of the fella that sang backup for Bob Seger. I am watching the Vegas race and didn't notice my spelling error. I bet you know how to spell beenie weenie cause you see that on that package every night for dinner.

Maui

The station is a feeder location and the belt is shaded outdoors. I do not know about FT, but they hired PT off the street when I was there for another company. FedEx would be one of the better jobs in Yuma, so my guess would be higher seniority people probably stick around.

The area is linked with Imperial, CA which I think is also a small feeder location. It's about 45 minutes of easy interstate driving in the short-term if there was an opening there, but not in Yuma.

IMO there is little to do in Yuma. If you like sand dunes and the river it can be an ideal place. I knew people that preferred it over San Diego. San Diego is about 2.5 hours and I had employees that went to Tijuana every weekend.

There about 100,000 people in Yuma and they get about 100,000-150,000 winter visitors and migrant workers in the winter from October/November-March/April. My guess is there is quite a bit of seasonality. There is lots of agriculture and military (there is a MCAS and an Army proving ground).

Last edited:

bacha29

Whatever. I saw the statue of the fella that sang backup for Bob Seger. I am watching the Vegas race and didn't notice my spelling error. I bet you know how to spell beenie weenie cause you see that on that package every night for dinner.
Weenie? You must be referring to the corporate version to which you undoubtedly payed oral tribute countless times during your years of blind servitude to the corporation.By the way I hope those knee pads they presented you commemorating your decades of service regardless of the assigned the task while undoubtedly wearing thin by now will continue to serve their purpose.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Weenie? You must be referring to the corporate version to which you undoubtedly payed oral tribute countless times during your years of blind servitude to the corporation.By the way I hope those knee pads they presented you commemorating your decades of service regardless of the assigned the task while undoubtedly wearing thin by now will continue to serve their purpose.
You must be quite the sad, little man.

bacha29

You must be quite the sad, little man.
Quite the contrary. It's just that when to comes to personal attacks I can go toe to toe with anybody The sad little man is no question OldFart our resident narcissist who has nothing to offer to the conversation except personal attacks talking about himself and trying to call attention to a list of accomplishments that he alone finds impressive.

Oldfart

Quite the contrary. It's just that when to comes to personal attacks I can go toe to toe with anybody The sad little man is no question OldFart our resident narcissist who has nothing to offer to the conversation except personal attacks talking about himself and trying to call attention to a list of accomplishments that he alone finds impressive.
Bet you can go toe to toe with the great business minds of the world as well. Your business knowledge and insight is very impressive. You need an outlet to share that knowledge with other people.

bacha29

Bet you can go toe to toe with the great business minds of the world as well. Your business knowledge and insight is very impressive. You need an outlet to share that knowledge with other people.
Just another poorly disguised personal attack. Some day when you truly want an insightful and mutually beneficial dialogue that's fine but at the same time an endless barrage of personal attacks will do fine as well because they will be responded to in kind.

bacha29

Key takeaways . He says he wanted "his own business" but he also has a "supervisor" and this guy is supposed to have his OWN business. He says that he gives his drivers " all the tools needed to be successful" What he DOESN'T tell you is whether or not he pays them enough to take care of the needs of their families because if he did the spin doctors would milk that for all it's worth. he says that his smallest town has a population of 80,000. My LARGEST town has a population of 6,200 and it alone includes 480 miles of RD mail carrier miles and they ain't flat and they ain't paved.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yuma is cool. I used to go there years ago. Its super cheap to live there. Get some quads for the dunes and a jet boat for the river. You'll never get bored.