Yup UPS is screwed this December

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
most of the major hubs are already on fire

this might end up being worse than 2013
One of the things that killed us in 2013 was the calendar.
Thanksgiving was on the 28th that year, as late as it could possibly be, which meant that there were only 16 weekdays between Black Friday and Christmas Eve.
This was also before we were set up to run full shifts on Saturdays.
Thanksgiving was on the 22nd this year, as early as it can possibly be, so we have 4 additional weekdays between Black Friday and Christmas Eve to work with, which will be a huge help.

WTFm8

13.5hr laid time Monday, 13.25hr paid time Tuesday.

Aiming for another 13.25 tomorrow so rest of week is OT.

Then a 12 on Thursday and an 8 on Friday... or a 13 Thursday and not have 8 to drive Friday. LOL

Better not suddenly spring some 70hr :censored2: on us come Thursday. I won’t accept it announced in Friday let alone the whole 6th punch.

‘Fatigue’ wont be a lie.

Thoroughbred Teamster

In my Bay Area, CA center, management is upset drivers are going over 8 hours. I was actually "observed" for a few stops by management that just "happened to be in the area" today. Our OT has been MIA this week.

GenericUsername

Sucks to hear people are having these issues out there. I was bumped today and went home. The hardest thing I've done all day is clean up a drop of queso that fell onto the floor from my chip. Otherwise I've been playing video games, watching shows, and taking a nap.