Zero tolerance

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I will probably be thrown off the B.C for being a pervert ,,,,but HUGS TO ALLL my hawt B.C LADIES !!!! Sincerely C

Integrity

Binge Poster
So the hearing is done, and they reduced the termination to a suspension....back to the pre-load tomorrow...lesson learned
eshbucket,

I am happy this worked out for you.

Sometimes the very reason for difficult circumstances is for lessons learned.

Thank you for sharing your situation on this forum.

Sincerely,
I

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So the hearing is done, and they reduced the termination to a suspension....back to the pre-load tomorrow...lesson learned
Good to see everything worked out, just remember the rules of touching people inappropriately also applies to yourself, unless you're at home, in which case have at it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Hugs to all ,,you don't have to be beautiful on the outside just to be a beautiful women !!!!!!! yah,,my momma raised me right !! LOL HUGS to you Gingerkat

raceanoncr

Very glad you're back. Good work! So...

Evidently there seemed to be some agreement as to some kind of misconduct...which, I know, in UPS eyes, amounts to guilty decision...so...If UPS seems to still think you're guilty of this gross misconduct (and I'm sure they do, although, by your description here, we know that's not true)...they still agree to a suspension. So...they DO NOT have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy...huh?

Don't misread what I'm writing here. I'm on your side. I just don't understand why UPS slams this down our throat then backs off.

OK, everyone, trounce on me for this one.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Very glad you're back. Good work! So...

Evidently there seemed to be some agreement as to some kind of misconduct...which, I know, in UPS eyes, amounts to guilty decision...so...If UPS seems to still think you're guilty of this gross misconduct (and I'm sure they do, although, by your description here, we know that's not true)...they still agree to a suspension. So...they DO NOT have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy...huh?

Don't misread what I'm writing here. I'm on your side. I just don't understand why UPS slams this down our throat then backs off.

OK, everyone, trounce on me for this one.

Very simple.
It protects UPS from lawsuits by showing the company does not tolerate Sexual Harassment.
The company knows the Teamsters will ask for the employees job back.
UPS looks good to the government and the Teamsters looks good to the people that elected them.
A system working as designed.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Very simple.
It protects UPS from lawsuits by showing the company does not tolerate Sexual Harassment.
UPS looks good to the government and the Teamsters looks good to the people that elected them.

Exactly. This is one of the few things mandated by corporate that actually works; if someone pushes the issue and its not taken seriously, their manager gets in deep **** for not reporting it.

The union - ethically- cannot get involved (member versus member conflict) until someone is disciplined, unless its a case of sexual harassment not being taken seriously by management and, as a result, it not being documented. We let the company figure it out and then try to clean up the mess.

over9five

Staff member
Very simple.

Works just as good for management.
UPS looks good to the government, and the management offender knows that the worst that will happen to him is a transfer to another building. Kinda like Catholic priests.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Works just as good for management.
UPS looks good to the government, and the management offender knows that the worst that will happen to him is a transfer to another building. Kinda like Catholic priests.

That is why all employees have to be 18 years of age.
Consenting adults.

konsole

I'm not saying you are the type of guy described in this video and the girl is the type of the girl described in the video, but I think this video has some good advice when your a guy and your approaching a girl and the two of you are not very very close friends, especially when in the workplace. If your not very very close friends with the girl, and you think you don't have the looks that most woman desire, then its wise to keep the comments and interaction as innocent as possible. Its unfortunate but there are alot of woman that prejudge a guy based on his looks, and if they arent attacted to the guy then they will use names like "creep" or "weirdo" to keep the guy away from them. They might even go as far as making false claims or even claims that are true about the guy to get him in trouble and away from her. The girl in the video I think explains why some woman react this way. I think it does happen somewhat in the opposite scenario but not nearly as much. If your attracted to the girl, but you don't consider yourself that attractive, then the advice is probably useful to you

Creepy Guys - YouTube