¡Viva Cuba Libre!

Off the leash

If you expect me to defend that kind of * you’re mistaken. And if you’re equating the assassination of Franz Ferdinand with BLM looting you’re being silly

Good for you. As a person of Serbian descent I’ve always had an interest in the country’s role in WW1. It’s interesting that he’s looked at as a hero in Serbia and nowhere else.
Yeah he showed the Austrians! Plunged the world into war you idiot. Serbia was destroyed and later lived under a repressive communist regime for decades. But he showed them yes sir.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I know you are but what am I? Hahah I love arguing with children
I don’t really like arguing with boomers that cut and paste their Facebook memes and regurgitate conservative media propaganda because they don’t have an original idea in their head, but here I am.

rickyb

Is that CDN 3rd grade Civics??
"Agreement" is a word, but not the appropriate word....

When two sides vote on something and the majority win what they want, that is not "agreement".....
youre right a majority of republicans and democrats vote and win on a trillion dollar a year war budget. war is what many ppl call terrorism btw

Off the leash

youre right a majority of republicans and democrats vote and win on a trillion dollar a year war budget. war is what many ppl call terrorism btw
The Dems are ramming the budget thru with a simple majority, it’s called reconciliation! They don’t need or care about the republicans! You don’t even live here and your just as stupid as the children here! Proving that education in Canada is as bad as it is here. Worry about your own messed up ‘country’. You have plenty of problems

Off the leash

I don’t really like arguing with boomers that cut and paste their Facebook memes and regurgitate conservative media propaganda because they don’t have an original idea in their head, but here I am.
Because we’re too smart for children like you. Not even debatable. I’m using pictures to make easier for you cubby

Off the leash

Yeah, that’s a gross oversimplification and you know it. Typical
Really I would love to discuss it with you, no joke. I love history, minored in it in college. It’s complicated I know, I know why he shot Franz Joseph, and I know the Austro Hungarian empire was corrupt. He was a freedom fighter. But you have to see the big picture. Every action has a reaction and sometimes the consequences outweigh the benefits.

baklava

Really I would love to discuss it with you, no joke. I love history, minored in it in college. It’s complicated I know, I know why he shot Franz Joseph, and I know the Austro Hungarian empire was corrupt. He was a freedom fighter. But you have to see the big picture. Every action has a reaction and sometimes the consequences outweigh the benefits.
Yes the assassination was the spark that lit the “powder keg” but tensions had been building in Europe at the time for a number of reasons. To put the fall of the dominoes over the next several decades on Princip’s shoulders in an oversimplification. I believe the war was waiting to happen.

Big picture, yes, WW1 basically ended monarchies in Europe. That system of government was untenable anyway. Of course the vacuum led to the rise of fascism, which was sorted out in WW2.

If you like WW1 history I highly recommend Dan Carlin’s “Blueprint for Armageddon” series from his Hardcore History podcast. It’s a 6 part beast but worth the listen. I also just finished “Supernova in the East” which was WW2 from Japan’s perspective. Also a fantastic listen

baklava

I think Gavrilo Princip is an interesting person in history, with a complicated legacy. And I’m Serbian and kind of a troll so I thought it was a good profile pic.