“Toxic masculinity”

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I hope that the Bible someday helps move you from the unkindness that you show to those you don’t understand. I believe this unkindness hurts you much more than those you mock.

I personally believe it will take a word from the Holy Spirit of God to help you. May God move you from your unbelief.
Matthew 16:18-19

Are you not bound?

Integrity

Binge Poster
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments." -John 14:15
Conditional love as explained by Jesus.
I don’t believe this is a conditional statement.

I believe this is recorded as an encouragement to love God by accepting His unconditional love, to love ourselves unconditionally, and to love others in like manner.

I believe it is stated that way to show how strong Jesus’ desire for His disciples to receive Gods unconditional love for them.

vantexan

I believe this is recorded as an encouragement to love God by accepting His unconditional love, to love ourselves unconditionally, and to love others in like manner.

I believe it is stated that way to show how strong Jesus’ desire for His disciples to receive Gods unconditional love for them.
So in other words you might keep his commandments, you might not. Strictly up to you. What I don't get is you don't accept the Bible as our guide to living the Christian life but you don't have trouble interpreting its meaning to something you find acceptable instead of accepting Christ's words. Should we follow the commandments of Jesus or not? Do you reject it if it's written in the Bible but not spoken directly to you?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

It is a conditional statement.
“If you don’t love me, you won’t keep my commandments.”
Hope that helps.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So in other words you might keep his commandments, you might not.
I will keep the commandments of unconditional love for God, for myself, and for others.
Strictly up to you.
Yes, God is the source of all life and he made us free to listen to His voice or not.
What I don't get is you don't accept the Bible as our guide to living the Christian life but you don't have trouble interpreting its meaning to something you find acceptable instead of accepting Christ's words.
As God has revealed to me through the Holy Spirit.
Should we follow the commandments of Jesus or not?
Yes, His commandments to accept God’s unconditional love for me, unconditional love myself and to love others in like manner.

Do you reject it if it's written in the Bible but not spoken directly to you?
No. I believe what I believe and I don’t believe what I don’t believe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is a conditional statement.
I disagree. I believe Jesus is a perfect human and fully God. I don’t believe he suffered from the cognitive distortion of all or nothing thinking.
“If you don’t love me, you won’t keep my commandments.”
Hope that helps.
I will give you a paraphrase of this quote from Jesus.

“I know you love me, I can see into your heart and I see your love for me. But I also see your heart towards yourself and others and if you truly love me as I know you do you will soften your heart towards yourself and others and you will receive my Father’s unconditional love for you, you will love yourself as I and my Father love you, and you will love others in like manner.”

vantexan

I will keep the commandments of unconditional love for God, for myself, and for others.

Yes, God is the source of all life and he made us free to listen to His voice or not.

As God has revealed to me through the Holy Spirit.

Yes, His commandments to accept God’s unconditional love for me, unconditional love myself and to love others in like manner.

No. I believe what I believe and I don’t believe what I don’t believe.
More circular doublespeak. God didn't make us free to listen to him or not. You can't just do whatever you like if it's in conflict with God's word. You're kidding yourself.

vantexan

From you.

You are kidding, I hope.

Yes you can. I believe in freedom, don’t you?

I think not.
The Apostle Paul addressed our freedom. As Christians we were made free from the law of sin and death. What we refer to as the Old Law. Under the New Law we will be judged by God for the life we've lived. We won't be taken out and stoned. But with this freedom comes responsibility. We aren't free to do as we please with no repercussions. If you believe you can do whatever you like, sin if you choose, that you won't lose your soul if you continue in sin, you have a deep misunderstanding of Christianity.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Apostle Paul addressed our freedom. As Christians we were made free from the law of sin and death. What we refer to as the Old Law. Under the New Law we will be judged by God for the life we've lived. We won't be taken out and stoned. But with this freedom comes responsibility. We aren't free to do as we please with no repercussions. If you believe you can do whatever you like, sin if you choose, that you won't lose your soul if you continue in sin, you have a deep misunderstanding of Christianity.
We can agree to disagree in freedom on this.

I believe and it is my faith that if you believe there is anything that you can do to separate yourself from the love of God in Christ then it would be you who misunderstands God’s love for you in Christ.

I love you and I am going to keep loving you unconditionally anyway my friend.

vantexan

We can agree to disagree in freedom on this.

I believe and it is my faith that if you believe there is anything that you can do to separate yourself from the love of God in Christ then it would be you who misunderstands God’s love for you in Christ.

I love you and I am going to keep loving you unconditionally anyway my friend.
Good luck with that. And God bless you too.