1 Hour Lunch

carneys

Sunshine, you have no idea what you are talking about. UPS deducts 45 minutes from my paid day every day. It is called lunch. The only time UPS does not deduct this lunch period is if I request and am approved to work Code 5, which is hours worked, and those requests are rarely approved. Our center gives out warning letters if you do not put 45 minutes in to your DIAD for lunch. Now, do they really care if you actually take your lunch? No, but you damn well better put 45 mins in to "show" that you took a lunch. If they ever did take the time to see if drivers were working during these times we would have a few drivers here who would be in for a rude awakening.

I have no idea want i'm talking about! How about this you have your contract we have ours. I know what im talking about when it comes to my contract just some ares are gray and should not be interpidted only one way.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
But i guess some of you are way way way way way still in the past
Nope, its that we have seen what you have tried to make of the future, and we dont want any part of it.

Remember, just cause you are running to what you think is the future does not mean it is.

Our book (north Cal.contract) must be twice the size, among other things I'm sure than everyone elses. That was just a joke!!! Don't get your panties in a bunch. I know why it's different because of the law suit we had apainst UPS a few years ago.
Now, you sue UPS. You win your lawsuit. And when the company gives you what you sued for, you cry like a child on the chat site.

Grow up. You said you had a set. I guess in CA that means something else than what it does to the rest of the world.

Now our board shuts down for 30 mins when we start our lunch. I guess alot of you didn't know that.
Yeah, we knew that. WE also knew the reason for that is that in CA, you have a bunch of morons that sue, win, then go about their business however they want, in violation of company instructions and state law.

So in response, UPS shuts down the diad, so you cry babies cant violate the rules, contract, and state law.

Only in CA. I guess its because you think you are something special??????

I know what im talking about when it comes to my contract just some ares are gray and should not be interpidted only one way.
No you dont. Your contract is very clear.

Its that you think that you are something special and because you want to interpret the contract one way, your word ought to be the last on the subject.

Again, grow up. You as a steward ought to know better than that. Personal interpretation of the contract has gotten a lot of people better than you fired.

It is so funny. People like you are like the guy that picks up a loaded gun, places it to his head, and pulls the trigger, expecting a different outcome for you because you are special, and what you think, is.

d

Our states should be seperated by walls or by different coumtry lines.

Now here`s one of your ideas we could rally behind. I would sure hate to lose some relatives behind those walls but every war has casualty's. Then you folks could have your lunch rules,your EPA laws,your automobile laws and every other bunny hugging thing you have going all to yourself and leave the rest of us alone.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Every Local has different Lunch rules that must comply with state laws.

In regards to UPS taking out a negotiated meal period whether a driver takes one or not: That also varies by region. The Ca lawsuit delt with that very issue. At least in my area, and also in Carneys obviously, UPS no longer automatically deducts a meal period if you do not take one, even when you are a code 6. As a result of the lawsuit, UPS will pay you if you work through your negotiated meal period, but will also dicipline you progressivley for failing to comply with (at the very least) Ca state labor laws. This includes not only getting diciplined for not recording a lunch, but also for taking your meal period either too early or too late.

I know this first hand because I just had a T/W on my way to the belt for 3 meal violations this year. They audit at the district level 1 random day each week and inform your center team on what level of punishment you should get. I did not take 2 meal periods, nor did I record them back in March and September but was paid for all time worked. The other violation was back in June or July where I started my lunch 12 minutes late. According to my On-road, I should have been suspended by now, but he was supposed to give me a warning letter at least...Well he's a "short-timer" (nearing retirement) so I got off with a: "You need to take your lunch every day and at the right time no matter what! Sign here!"

Well i guess i thought that most of the UPS employee's would be doing the same thing. Our states should be seperated by walls or by different coumtry lines. But i guess some of you are way way way way way still in the past. Our book (north Cal.contract) must be twice the size, among other things i'm sure than everyone elses. That was just a joke!!! Don't get your panties in a bunch. I know why it's different because of the law suit we had apainst UPS a few years ago. Now our board shuts down for 30 mins when we start our lunch. I guess alot of you didn't know that. Oakland Ca. the boards there shut down for 1 hour. My whole topic is based on this kind of differences. Why?

Doesn't your board shut down for only the amount of time you put in for lunch? When you put in your lunch doesn't it ask you if you want to take 1 hour or 30 min.? Also can't you end your lunch at any time? Many times I would put in 1 hour and end it at 45 minutes. (or 15 minutes left on the count down)

40 and out

It's amazing how we all work for the same company,doing the same job,yet there is 50 different ways to take or not take lunch. Here's how it is where I am. Forever, 50 Minutes each day was taken out for lunch whether we took all of it,some of it,or none of it. Our contract says it should be taken between the 3rd and 6th hour,but past practice overrides this,so the only real restriction was not to take it so it would interfere with next day air deliveries.I would take 30 to 35 minutes during the day,then have to force myself to stop and take the rest of it when I got done sometime between 7 and 9 PM.

Then the California lawsuit came to pass,thank goodness. Now they only take out whatever lunch we put in the DIAD. The only restriction is we have to put something in for lunch. It can be as little as 1 minute as long as something is in there. For a while we were threatened with having to take all of our lunch,because 1 or 2 drivers would forget to put anything in,and would so up on the dreaded flavor of the month report. Probably about time for this to start happening again,since its been awhile.

Now, I still take 30 to 35 minutes during the day, but instead of having to force myself to stop at the end of the day to take the rest, I get home 15 to 20 minutes earlier each day and still get paid the same. THANK YOU, CALIFORNIA

browndevil

It's amazing how we all work for the same company,doing the same job,yet there is 50 different ways to take or not take lunch. Here's how it is where I am. Forever, 50 Minutes each day was taken out for lunch whether we took all of it,some of it,or none of it. Our contract says it should be taken between the 3rd and 6th hour,but past practice overrides this,so the only real restriction was not to take it so it would interfere with next day air deliveries.I would take 30 to 35 minutes during the day,then have to force myself to stop and take the rest of it when I got done sometime between 7 and 9 PM.

Then the California lawsuit came to pass,thank goodness. Now they only take out whatever lunch we put in the DIAD. The only restriction is we have to put something in for lunch. It can be as little as 1 minute as long as something is in there. For a while we were threatened with having to take all of our lunch,because 1 or 2 drivers would forget to put anything in,and would so up on the dreaded flavor of the month report. Probably about time for this to start happening again,since its been aw

Now, I still take 30 to 35 minutes during the day, but instead of having to force myself to stop at the end of the day to take the rest, I get home 15 to 20 minutes earlier each day and still get paid the same. THANK YOU, CALIFORNIA
From a fellow Californian your'e welcome 40 and out. I hope you are closer to the out part of your screen name.

When the law suit was in the stages of us being able to "opt" in or "opt out" I remembered my on car sup who trained me told me "You can't take a lunch because you aren't far enough into your deliveries" or your last break is to be used for "paper work" this is before DIAD mind you. She also told me I can't date anyone on route. Well she is long gone. Ran off with a DM somewhere. So I gladly accepted my cut of the 89 million as back pay

carneys

Our Boards just say do you want to start your meal period. you say yes then it count's down from 30 mins. after that it says your meal period is over and then you can press end to put current time in and go on your day or keep taking a lunch for what ever time you want then press end lunch. See the wierdness is a center that is only 15 miles away, there boards count's down an hour.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nope, it was not just you.

Funny how that give him instant credibility, but yet that spelling ........and his translation of the contract to how it pertains to him personally.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Pst, kid. We know its steward. At least those of us that actually are, and not someone that just claims to be.........

Note the sarcasm mentioned in the above post. That was directed at Carney

d