1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The problem is we are dealing with liberals. Everything is based on liberalism. Constitution be damned. Thomas will never sway the liberals.
Thomas absolutely can, and needs, to sway Roberts and Kavanaugh to his side.

I think what we're gonna get out of this is some degree of more power to the states to decide the rights of babies to live, not a full overturn of roe v wade.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I've got to be honest....

I'm not clear about your point.

Could you explain it in less nebulous terms?
I'm interested.
26BD467A-6D90-4314-932B-992626BF7B04.gif

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The individual states have the right under public health to regulate abortions. Mississippi says after 15 weeks of pregnancy, that's it. You can't have an abortion after 15 weeks.
That gets into the federal system. Dobbs versus Jackson Women's Health Organization. The Supreme Court is hearing it.
I think this Supreme Court will favor the states having a much more prominent role in how abortion is legalized. They don't want Washington doing that.
If they say Mississippi can do the 15 weeks, that will open the door other states to put their own limitation on abortion.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The individual states have the right under public health to regulate abortions. Mississippi says after 15 weeks of pregnancy, that's it. You can't have an abortion after 15 weeks.
That gets into the federal system. Dobbs versus Jackson Women's Health Organization. The Supreme Court is hearing it.
I think this Supreme Court will favor the states having a much more prominent role in how abortion is legalized. They don't want Washington doing that.
If they say Mississippi can do the 15 weeks, that will open the door other states to put their own limitation on abortion.
Hopefully

bacha29

Keep something in mind. Mississippi is the third most dependent state on federal dollars. getting back $3.40 in federal dollars for every $1 it pays in. Now if Mississippi's abortion law is upheld then we'll see if that dependency is reduced and Mississippi can become a donor state like New York and New Jersey. If a strict abortion law is what it takes to make Mississippi at least neutral in terms of dollars paid and dollars received then have at it.
It will in the end come down to money.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Keep something in mind. Mississippi is the third most dependent state on federal dollars. getting back $3.40 in federal dollars for every $1 it pays in. Now if Mississippi's abortion law is upheld then we'll see if that dependency is reduced and Mississippi can become a donor state like New York and New Jersey. If a strict abortion law is what it takes to make Mississippi at least neutral in terms of dollars paid and dollars received then have at it.
It will in the end come down to money.
Since it's all about money to you, is there any other group of humans who we should allow to be murdered?
1618770454866.png

Mutineer

Pro-abortion notions to consider:

I would argue that except in cases of rape or incest no mentally stable, honorable woman worth her lady-parts wants an abortion.

By forcing these deranged people to bring a child into this world, what does society gain?

If people are serious about ending legal abortion, then it needs to be argued and legislated that a human being's life begins at conception.

The world can do without the unwanted children of crazybitches, anyways.