1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

Whither

Scofflaw
I've got to be honest....

I'm not clear about your point.

Could you explain it in less nebulous terms?
I'm interested.
There is at least some historical reason to think that part of 'witchcraft', e.g., Salem and before, was the 'satanic knowledge' of herbal forms of birth control. Abstinence education is a way of keeping teenagers in the dark via guilt rather than teaching them how their bodies work, and makes abortions more likely. It is an antiquated, and even ironically naturalistic view, that sex must only be for the sake of having children. I get the wonder and the mystery at conception, e.g., in the case of a pregnancy neither party wanted. Conception is an awesome thing. But the truth is, people are going to have sex, and the woman may possibly conceive, without one or both parties being ready or prepared to parent the would-be child. In case people haven't noticed, raising children in our society is a costly and difficult endeavor.

Re: men and birth control, that's a longer story.

Also, yes, I was associating myself with communists and saying I'm for liberty, against Bernie, against Biden, against Trump, against this system of government and for a freer life. Not one bogged down with more laws and restrictions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Cuz when a sperm bites an egg, that is conception. Which plenty of people could convincingly argue is the very beginning of a new life.
Sure, even before conception, if we found an organism similar to sperm alone on another planet we would be celebrating the discovery of extraterrestrial life.

I don't think the life begins at conception narrative is as compelling or widespread of a belief as some Christians think.

I was speaking more in a legal sense. I believe the Mississippi case before the court was simply arguing the viability aspect.

Mutineer

Sure, even before conception, if we found an organism similar to sperm alone on another planet we would be celebrating the discovery of extraterrestrial life.
That would only serve to prove that my baby-mama is indeed an extraterrestrial, and paused there to spit and clear her sinuses on a moon-rock!

We're all a little bit genocidal I guess.
I just think the "life at conception" aspect is used by the pro-lifer to qualify the use of the word "murder" in their argument.

Some argue life at birth, some are somewhere in between. All I know is I've killed a :censored2: ton of kids if "life before conception" gains any traction.

El Correcto

god is dead
I hate the left so much it’s unreal.
It’s like when something is so hot you hear your skin fry when touching it. When I hear these dumb asses spewing their thousandth lie for the day it’s like a sizzle on my ear drums.

quad decade guy

There is at least some historical reason to think that part of 'witchcraft', e.g., Salem and before, was the 'satanic knowledge' of herbal forms of birth control. Abstinence education is a way of keeping teenagers in the dark via guilt rather than teaching them how their bodies work, and makes abortions more likely. It is an antiquated, and even ironically naturalistic view, that sex must only be for the sake of having children. I get the wonder and the mystery at conception, e.g., in the case of a pregnancy neither party wanted. Conception is an awesome thing. But the truth is, people are going to have sex, and the woman may possibly conceive, without one or both parties being ready or prepared to parent the would-be child. In case people haven't noticed, raising children in our society is a costly and difficult endeavor.

Re: men and birth control, that's a longer story.

Also, yes, I was associating myself with communists and saying I'm for liberty, against Bernie, against Biden, against Trump, against this system of government and for a freer life. Not one bogged down with more laws and restrictions.
Thanks.

Ok.

Can you explain how communists are for liberty? This is not historical fact in any circumstance. Matter of fact...this statement you made is ....bizarre. Please explain a political system designed to take away every aspect of individualism(liberty) to be controlled by the Govt.?

quad decade guy

Pro-abortion notions to consider:

I would argue that except in cases of rape or incest no mentally stable, honorable woman worth her lady-parts wants an abortion.

By forcing these deranged people to bring a child into this world, what does society gain?

If people are serious about ending legal abortion, then it needs to be argued and legislated that a human being's life begins at conception.

The world can do without the unwanted children of crazybitches, anyways.
Ok.

The slippery slope of "crazybitches"....."deranged".....

Who gets to decide that?

vantexan

Pro-abortion notions to consider:

I would argue that except in cases of rape or incest no mentally stable, honorable woman worth her lady-parts wants an abortion.

By forcing these deranged people to bring a child into this world, what does society gain?

If people are serious about ending legal abortion, then it needs to be argued and legislated that a human being's life begins at conception.

The world can do without the unwanted children of crazybitches, anyways.
Why is it that if a pregnant woman is murdered her killer is charged with two murders but a pregnant woman can choose to kill her own baby? With any luck at the very least the Supreme Court will allow states to choose whether to allow abortion or not. Women can still travel to a state that allows it but just maybe there will be more responsibility and less unwanted children will be conceived.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Why is it that if a pregnant woman is murdered her killer is charged with two murders but a pregnant woman can choose to kill her own baby? With any luck at the very least the Supreme Court will allow states to choose whether to allow abortion or not. Women can still travel to a state that allows it but just maybe there will be more responsibility and less unwanted children will be conceived.
Most of the sluts live in pro abortion states