177 passes.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by East coast navy, Dec 14, 2013.

1. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

177 goes through. Now a pension raise vote. One step closer.
  2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

The pension vote is interesting. Many of the newer members can't see the benefit.
  3. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

The company's the one that really benefits. If the vote goes thru they get to keep $.45 of every hour of OT. They hope since the pension goes up senior people retire and they get to hire 4yr progression and less vacation to pay for.........
  4. The Milkman

The Milkman Active Member

You need the Yes vote to increase your pension to offset the extra cost of your Medical benefits when you retire someday...It's a Draw..........
  5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

How is the company be keeping the money? The funds will go to the pension. The payout is the same, the allotment differs.
  6. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

The company will keep the .45 cent raise. But the company is putting more money into healthcare and pension then past contacts. More then .45 cents.
  7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

So…..where does that leave us? How many votes are the rest of the country waiting on now? I've been so busy at home (and UPS of course) that I haven't really been keeping up. Hell, I've hardly been on BC much either.
  8. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

Now there is only a hand full that need to be worked out. Half with IBT and the other half with their own locals. My prediction would be April we will get all our raise.
  9. brownone

brownone Member

Local 89 has no desire to negotiate. Fred wants Hoffa's job and will not be happy unless he can create a work stoppage in Louisville.
  10. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

Good luck local 89.