1st qtr earnings???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Managers don't deserve raises, stock bonuses or 401 k contributions, the don't do crap to earn the company money except harass the people that do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Managers don't deserve raises, stock bonuses or 401 k contributions, the don't do crap to earn the company money except harass the people that do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's harsh. Who else could double up in the center manager's car at the intersection next to the center to spy on drivers leaving the building. Who else could dispatch 3 drivers in the same subdivision. Who the heck would carry the clipboards?

brownrodster

Earnings were crappy and we all know it was the fault of us drivers. The only way to get earnings back into shape is to increase the required SPORH of each route by at least 2. If we can't do it we'll have to be fired and replaced by someone who can. After all there are millions of people out of work who would love an opportunity to make 30$ an hour driving a brown truck.

browniehound

I understand that the management is upset that they didn't get their raises but remember that we gave back a third of our raise before the economy started to tank. Then the CEO got a 115% increase. Were is the justice in that. He got a raise on the backs of our hard work!!!!

Brownman170,
I am a UPS driver and Teamster member. When an accord was made on the latest contract between UPS and the Teamsters in October of '07 I was a 'tad' dissapointed on recieving our wage increases 6 months apart for the contract year. This two months before the current recession.

Now, 18+ months later the contract looks spectacular! A 35-45 cent raise every 6 months? It looked bad 2 years ago? Look at it now! A raise! In 2009? Name me another company.

We are in an economic environment of layoffs, paycuts, and wage freezes, but the UPS driver is thriving. At least I am. I will recieve a wage increase in August. I was also recieve a higher weekly paycheck June, July, and August.

Our center cuts at least 5 routes and then dispatches many of us 20+ stops over our max. This will put me over 10 hours everyday. Life is good in my neck of UPS because I can't be mad with 20 stops over my max. Its huge money.

My guess in our max is only 8.5-9.1 hours of work at their numbers. They take into account our over-allowed because they know every driver is over-allowed except for an exception here or there.

I'll take it. More stops=more money to me. UPS is giving me 10-20 more stops/day then 1 year ago. I'm making more money but is UPS? I'm not so sure?

It must make sense to cut 1 driver and add OT to five others? Right?

Why not let the drivers with no pickups come in after 8 hours? Why pay him fuel and OT to help another driver when the other driver is earning the same rate? So what if he is over 11? The help is now going to be over 10 and look like crap on paper because of the travel time and meet time in transfering work.

I don't have the answer. Does anyone else?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Brownman170,
I am a UPS driver and Teamster member. When an accord was made on the latest contract between UPS and the Teamsters in October of '07 I was a 'tad' dissapointed on recieving our wage increases 6 months apart for the contract year. This two months before the current recession.

Now, 18+ months later the contract looks spectacular! A 35-45 cent raise every 6 months? It looked bad 2 years ago? Look at it now! A raise! In 2009? Name me another company.

We are in an economic environment of layoffs, paycuts, and wage freezes, but the UPS driver is thriving. At least I am. I will recieve a wage increase in August. I was also recieve a higher weekly paycheck June, July, and August.

Our center cuts at least 5 routes and then dispatches many of us 20+ stops over our max. This will put me over 10 hours everyday. Life is good in my neck of UPS because I can't be mad with 20 stops over my max. Its huge money.

My guess in our max is only 8.5-9.1 hours of work at their numbers. They take into account our over-allowed because they know every driver is over-allowed except for an exception here or there.

I'll take it. More stops=more money to me. UPS is giving me 10-20 more stops/day then 1 year ago. I'm making more money but is UPS? I'm not so sure?

It must make sense to cut 1 driver and add OT to five others? Right?

Why not let the drivers with no pickups come in after 8 hours? Why pay him fuel and OT to help another driver when the other driver is earning the same rate? So what if he is over 11? The help is now going to be over 10 and look like crap on paper because of the travel time and meet time in transfering work.

I don't have the answer. Does anyone else?

Don't tell that to the top-rate covers humping packages for 13$/hr in the hub

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw some monkeys at the zoo that could probally handle the job.

Bitter, much?