200,000 miles on a package car

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by soberups, Oct 13, 2014.

1. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

This is the first, and probably the only, time in my life that I have rolled 200K on an odometer. These Freightliners are holding up well, mine is still in good shape even with 200K on it.
  2. aiian

aiian Active Member

I've got 226,XXX on mine and she's just vetting broken in.

I've also driven one with 370 something that was frightening to say the least.
  3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Most of my package cars had many more miles but not on the original engine.
  4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I have a 2008 with just under 400,000 miles. Love the truck. Hate the emissions.
  5. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

I got a 96 international 50k not even broke in yet the only truck I've ever had
  6. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Mine has 578,000
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I have just over 2,000 on mine.

(No, it has not rolled over)
  8. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

I have taken two trucks over the million mile mark! Trucks are sent to my center to die.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Ive got 567000 on my 700. Im sure the motor has been replaced a couple times. That sumbitch will roll 85 I know that and is an automatic lol.
  10. 395k on my freightliner 7 cube. Original motor... Every day I wonder when its going to give lol. Will be well over 400k by next year.
  11. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

over 800K on the POS truck I drive / Should have been crushed several years ago
  12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

We can give some credit 2 our sturdy mechanics for making them run with that many miles.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

You would think...but.... Crawl unDer one and look around. Everything is really engineered to be replaced fairly easily.
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Parts on order. OK to run.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Should have been crushed several years ago
  16. rod

rod retired and happy

In the "old days" they would only scrap them when their frames couldn't stand anymore welding. They were pretty much bullet proof other than the engines. Those old 300ci six cylinder Ford engines were a work horse but they didn't have a long shelf life when they were used in the bigger trucks.
  17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I saw more of the GMC 292 sixes. Those were tanks for sure.
  18. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

Haha, can't be too new if you have a fancy digital readout. The most I've actually seen was about 350,000. I'm in a building with mostly newish automatics though.
  19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Cant beat having an automatic, like being on vacation lol. I don't ever want to go back to a manual tranny forget that junk lol.
  20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

My last truck retired with 333K (29 year old truck) and that's city miles with rough torn up roads and pot holes. My new hotness has less than 20k.